Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

I played the video. I hear the whine.
Not alternator, that's for sure.

With v2382, the wobble and the high pitch whine are still present. I drove and when I was stopped, I looked at the camera and I did not notice it shaking. My car's idle is smooth but maybe there is a tiny vibration in the camera mount that I cannot see.

Weird that I couldn't hear the whine. Don't remember what program I used to play it, but maybe try another player. I know Windows Media Player would introduce a crackle noise in some of my files.

I tried two other mini USB power cords and the camera still records the high pitch whine.

Benjos, I watched your first two videos using MPC, and the wobble was kind of obvious. It did though stop while you were driving. Could the issue be that your car vibrates a lot for whatever reason when you're stationary? Put your hand on the camera when you´re stationary and see if you can feel a lot of vibration on it.. Try mounting it somewhere else and see if it gets better..

I put my finger on the camera and didn't notice any vibration. I will test the camera more and use it in a different car.

Hey, I watched that third video of yours, the one with the "high bitrate", and I didnt see any wobble there..

Anyways, have you noticed any difference in quality between the regular bitrate and the higher bitrate firmwares? I keep struggling to see any..

If there was any difference using the modified software it wasn't much. I wasn't convinced it was worth the decrease in storage.
Perhaps Falsificator's next update will have improvements that make it a must have. :)

@benjos
I just watched the last video you posted with the 2382 firmware and I still don't hear the whine. You didn't really stop as much as in the first video, but the only wabble I saw was at the first (and only I think) set of lights. It only wabbled like once and almost looked as if maybe you were adjusting the camera. Looked good other than that. I used MPC-HC to play the file.

Just played it on VLC too with same results.

Last edited:
I tested while parked and the engine was off and I do not notice any wobble. I also tested the camera sitting on the dash (while the car was off) instead of hanging from the suction cup and did not notice any wobble. I put the suction cup back and this time I tightened the knob more than before, so the next time I drive, I will see if it still has the wobble. I haven't compared the 25mbit to the 40mbit on the same roads but I think that the 40mbit/s videos display the road lines more clearly especially in the distance. I notice that if I re-encode into HEVC at too low a bitrate, then the road texture is more blurry instead of grainy.

The Rove/Dome quality is much better than the Seazeus GT550 (aka DOD LS300) in 1080p and 15mbit/s. The road lines in the Seazeus become blurry when looking about 100 feet ahead (similar to trilinear filtering compared to anisotropic filtering: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering).

In the Rove recording, I still hear the high pitch noise in my other car while the engine is off.

I was going to ask why you are re-encoding. Don't you lose all your GPS data?
Evaluating anything that's been re-encoded is not valid.

I was going to ask why you are re-encoding. Don't you lose all your GPS data?
Evaluating anything that's been re-encoded is not valid.
I re-encoded just for these examples since the original file is huge to upload. Also I avoid YouTube since videos always looks much worse after uploading them there.

Also I don't use GPS data.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back