Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

Question, have you played back the files on the camera itself? Just wondering if you hear the whine or see the wobble then. I assume you have these issues before you re-encode them?

Question, have you played back the files on the camera itself? Just wondering if you hear the whine or see the wobble then. I assume you have these issues before you re-encode them?
Yes the Wobble and noise happen in the original files.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don't see any wobble after I moved it to my other car. The tightening probably fixed it. The camera is positioned behind the mirror now whereas in the previous car it was on the center of the passenger side and the windshield curves a little different than the mirror section of the windshield.

Looks like it should be easy enough. Just need a real camera store where you can do some test fitting of the adapter to get the right size.
In our case it would be a press fit hopefully rubber adapter.

Key things:
You want the filter itself as close to the lens as possible.
You want the filter to be plenty wide to accommodate that wide angle lens with no vignetting.

I re-encoded just for these examples since the original file is huge to upload. Also I avoid YouTube since videos always looks much worse after uploading them there.

Also I don't use GPS data.

Which application did you use to re-encoded? It looks very good.

FYI...Re-encoding will never look as good as the original.

Love it Maka & RZ! This may be the simplest solution to adding a CPL filter =D

Hey Fandy, thanks for the reply. So correct me if I'm wrong, the only way to get new firmware is to ask You od Mr Zhong? I was looking at the Dome webside, and found only some links to google drive in FAQ. It's weird but dont see any official firmware distribution channel.

Now im trying to add CPL filter to my dvr as I did with G1WH. Im after attaching ring that will make it possible. It is a 49mm>52mm reduction ring. Now I'm waiting for 52mm CPL filter, should come in few days.

img_20160103_112157_resize.jpg

img_20160103_112202_resize.jpg

Hello!
Please tell me that in the seal between the ring and the DVR ?
View attachment 20134

It's a rubber sealing ring,. I think it's for PCV pipes like in kitchen sink.

img_20160111_153937_resize.jpg

MATIN on D201 and Selco on G1WH

Last edited:
Interested to see how you make out.
Also... you'll find the latest firmware posted to this site by Capture Your Action likely before there is any mention on the Dome site.

I believe the outside diameter of the lens housing on the DAB202 is about 35mm. Should be pretty easy. Just need to decide how much you want to spend on a CPL.

@TSN
Turns out you can use the same firmware for the DAB205 that is in the DAB201 and 202. I just got some in stock and I am installing the DAB202 firmware in them now. Not sure why I was originally told that you could not, but I'm now told you can. I think that they would rather it say DAB205 in the firmware section of the menu instead of DAB201 or DAB202. I need the speed in MPH, so DAB202 firmware it is. Stock firmware for the 205 was km/h only.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 28
@TSN
Turns out you can use the same firmware for the DAB205 that is in the DAB201 and 202. I just got some in stock and I am installing the DAB202 firmware in them now. Not sure why I was originally told that you could not, but I'm now told you can. I think that they would rather it say DAB205 in the firmware section of the menu instead of DAB201 or DAB202. I need the speed in MPH, so DAB202 firmware it is. Stock firmware for the 205 was km/h only.

What's the difference besides the dab205 and dab201 besides the exterior case design?

Back