Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

@TSN
Turns out you can use the same firmware for the DAB205 that is in the DAB201 and 202. I just got some in stock and I am installing the DAB202 firmware in them now. Not sure why I was originally told that you could not, but I'm now told you can. I think that they would rather it say DAB205 in the firmware section of the menu instead of DAB201 or DAB202. I need the speed in MPH, so DAB202 firmware it is. Stock firmware for the 205 was km/h only.
I learned this from the other thread and upgraded the firmware for DAB202. It is working great!

What's the difference besides the dab205 and dab201 besides the exterior case design?
As far as I know the display screen of the DAB205 is a bit bigger, 3.0" vs. 2.7"

The DAB201 has a 2.7" lcd screen. The DAB202 and 205 have a 3" screen. That and the casing is the only difference that I'm aware of.

I think most people use some material between the lens housing and adapter ring for a tight press fit.

Never use Superglue near a lens. The vapour emitted by cyanoacrylate can fog filters & lenses.
Right, my fault, I forget to say, before used super glue, covered the lens with a band and remove after. Sorry for this.

I believe the outside diameter of the lens housing on the DAB202 is about 35mm. Should be pretty easy. Just need to decide how much you want to spend on a CPL.
Next problem for the users of CPL filter is the little dark of image appear when use it. We need a little more lighter firmware for compensate this. Who can help?

Which program should one use if you wanted to make changes to the firmware?.. I know nothing about coding, though..

Yesterday, I thought I could try and work it out myself. I downloaded a program called HexEditor, opened the v2385 firmware with it and literally wanted to kill myself after seeing all those numbers.. Had no idea what to do so I closed it and uninstalled the program.. ;)

Maybe that guy, Falseficator, or whatever the name was, could like make a video on how to change some basic settings like brightness, bitrate and other easy stuff..

Next problem for the users of CPL filter is the little dark of image appear when use it. We need a little more lighter firmware for compensate this. Who can help?
Maybe you could try a different CPL filter. I believe some are not as dark as others. Also, Falsificator tweaked a firmware version, increasing the brightness. Maybe you try that version. Not sure what version is was off the top of my head. Might compensate nicely for the CPL's darkening effect.

CaptureYourActionintrod48195 said:
Maybe you could try a different CPL filter. I believe some are not as dark as others. Also, Falsificator tweaked a firmware version, increasing the brightness. Maybe you try that version. Not sure what version is was off the top of my head. Might compensate nicely for the CPL's darkening effect.
Thanx but any CPL filter "eat" a little part of lighter of image. I try the most brightness firmware from Falsificator (2382 or 2385, I'm not sure now) but that firmware is not the best for quality of image. I use the 2135 high bitrate for now, maby someone can modify a high quality firmware with a plus of brightness. Is just my opinion, sure. Thanx anyway.

Back