Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

Attachments

• -No CPL 2.jpg
    -No CPL 2.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 33
  • -With CPL.jpg
    -With CPL.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 33
Wow.... Nice.
Have you noticed any effect on the mount due to the additional weight? Does it shake any more than without?

I haven't noticed any, but the DAB202 is in my wife's car and I don't check it as often as my dash camera. The CPL with adapter ring only weight about 1/2 oz. I'll try and remember to check that out tomorrow.

I'm afraid I cannot wait that long. Lol. I will need to play with this myself.
Email sent.

Just so no one misunderstands...
Purchased both of my cams from CaptureYourAction. Was only kidding about.
They are great to do business with. :)

CPL filters from CaptureYourAction have arrived. Installation was really easy, and is more secure than I had imagined.
The filter is a genuine Polaroid CPL.

As this is a real CPL, the filter is actually 2 filters in one housing. The first filter attaches firmly to the adapter, then the outermost filter can be rotated smoothly to the desired position.

Very pleased. Can't wait to get this on the road.

CPL filters from CaptureYourAction have arrived. Installation was really easy, and is more secure than I had imagined.
The filter is a genuine Polaroid CPL.

As this is a real CPL, the filter is actually 2 filters in one housing. The first filter attaches firmly to the adapter, then the outermost filter can be rotated smoothly to the desired position.

Very pleased. Can't wait to get this on the road.
I look forward to your review! :)

It took all of 30 seconds in the driveway to see how well the filter reduces reflected glare.
All you need to do is park in the sun, and the rotate the filter.

With and without CPL.
Videos, shot at the same time of the day a week apart. Same road. HDR was off for both clips.

Still image comparison. (extracted from video)

No_CPL.PNG With_CPL.PNG No_CPL.PNG With_CPL.PNG

What feature are you looking for and what model cam are you using? (201 202 or 205)

Back