Review: Mini 0902 Wi-Fi Dashcam with GPS - A7LA55 & 0V4689 (Gearbest.com)

Unfortunately my camera disappointed me, stopped working after a week of use, still it remains operational by the internal battery that still has autonomy, but his aliemntacion via USB is not possible, therefore not start recording to on or Connection to wifi, waiting for answers by the seller for solution or change :-(

Unfortunately my camera disappointed me, stopped working after a week of use, still it remains operational by the internal battery that still has autonomy, but his aliemntacion via USB is not possible, therefore not start recording to on or Connection to wifi, waiting for answers by the seller for solution or change :-(
This thing is definitely not ready for prime time, we are being used to debug the product. I installed mine yesterday and nearly had a heart attack when I saw the video quality after I got home. The colors are way over saturated, way overblown and the image is soft focus. Totally not usable. I took it down and went back to my trusty, cheapy AT900.
I really like the form factor of the 0902, and I hope at some point it becomes a solid product but if I don't get new firmware from @Joy pretty soon, I am returning this thing to GearBest.

This thing is definitely not ready for prime time, we are being used to debug the product. I installed mine yesterday and nearly had a heart attack when I saw the video quality after I got home. The colors are way over saturated, way overblown and the image is soft focus. Totally not usable. I took it down and went back to my trusty, cheapy AT900.
I really like the form factor of the 0902, and I hope at some point it becomes a solid product but if I don't get new firmware from @Joy pretty soon, I am returning this thing to GearBest.
Same thing here. Got it last week and tested. Video quality is poor. This needs promptly new fw version. With this price the quality must be much better. One thing which should be done in fw is that when you are not connected to wifi - the smaller video file for mobile needs not recorded - if connected then okay. If this helps getting better for the normal video. I noticed one thing when installed this camera - i did some plug and unplug with the power and finally when i got it installed - it did not work. It booted with normal "bling" sound, but that continued after a few seconds endlessly. Took the SD card and formatted it and - yes - it started working again. Maybe the last recording file was corrupted or something.

A question on GoView

Does anyone knows where to locate the files once it download to the local memory of the mobile phone? I know it can be view on the phone, I want to download to my pc but I cannot locate them in my phone memory or SD card.

Also the apps ask requires me to register which I fail to do so.

Thanks,
Albert

Okay, I was having problems (continues bleeping) 0902. Be cause of my multiple cam set-up i'm using 12V adapters with double USB connectors. I think the 0902 requires too much power, it cannot run when I connect it to a double USB 12v adaptor while running two cams. When I remove the other cam, everything is going well with the 0902. So I think the wifi option requires a lot of power. A little too much if you ask me.

Okay, I was having problems (continues bleeping) 0902. Be cause of my multiple cam set-up i'm using 12V adapters with double USB connectors. I think the 0902 requires too much power, it cannot run when I connect it to a double USB 12v adaptor while running two cams. When I remove the other cam, everything is going well with the 0902. So I think the wifi option requires a lot of power. A little too much if you ask me.
It could be ADAS warnings if you have that on at 720p resolution.

@Joy, @jokiin I hope you are both having a great time at your trade show. Please don't forget that I need Mini0902 firmware (Old or New) to restore my broken DVR.

I got the firmware thanks to GearBest. Now I need firmware upgrade instructions.
I extracted and loaded the .bin file on the root of the SD card but nothing happens when I power up the unit.

I got the firmware thanks to GearBest. Now I need firmware upgrade instructions.
I extracted and loaded the .bin file on the root of the SD card but nothing happens when I power up the unit.
It is all working now. The unit updated itself when I plugged into a USB power supply instead of my desktop computer.

WiFi is working once again :)

[Quote = "Dellbx, mensaje: 239833, miembro de: 25709"] Es todos trabajando ahora. La unidad actualiza a sí mismo cuando he conectado en una fuente de alimentación USB en lugar de mi computadora de escritorio.

Wi-Fi está trabajando una vez más :)[/ quote]
I'm glad you were able to solve the problem satisfactorily, I still wait expectantly seller to solve the problem, where you can get the software to test whether the reinstallation can solve my problem?

It is all working now. The unit updated itself when I plugged into a USB power supply instead of my desktop computer.

WiFi is working once again :)
Hi i have the same problem-no wifi ☹️ Can you please send me firmware. Tnx

[Quote = "Dellbx, mensaje: 239833, miembro de: 25709"] Es todos trabajando ahora. La unidad actualiza a sí mismo cuando he conectado en una fuente de alimentación USB en lugar de mi computadora de escritorio.

I'm glad you were able to solve the problem satisfactorily, I still wait expectantly seller to solve the problem, where you can get the software to test whether the reinstallation can solve my problem?

Kangoo, was there any improvement after flashing the firmware?

[Quote = "Dellbx, mensaje: 240.034, miembro de: 25709"]? Kangoo, ¿hubo alguna mejoría después de la actualización del firmware [/ quote]
Hola Dellbx, porque por desgracia no tuvimos suerte :-( la cámara no se enciende, solamente segundos l es activado por sensor de movimiento con la batería interna que aún permanece, pero no es suficiente para la reinstalación, mantenga a la espera de respuestas de la solución vendedor, gracias de nuevo. ;-P buen día

I don't think so it's just the same firmware. Don't change wifi password it disables wifi.

[Quote = "Dellbx, mensaje: 240.034, miembro de: 25709"]? Kangoo, ¿hubo alguna mejoría después de la actualización del firmware [/ quote]
Hola Dellbx, porque por desgracia no tuvimos suerte :-( la cámara no se enciende, solamente segundos l es activado por sensor de movimiento con la batería interna que aún permanece, pero no es suficiente para la reinstalación, mantenga a la espera de respuestas de la solución vendedor, gracias de nuevo. ;-P buen día
How are you powering up the unit? Does your car run off 12 or 24 volts? The Mini 0902 is somewhat of a power hog. Ensure it gets all the current it needs

@Joy,

I changed the password WiFi. WiFi stopped working. I made a backup copy of the firmware to change the password. I tried to restore the work of WiFi using firmware backup. But something went wrong. The camera beeps when you start, but the record is not start and WiFi does not work. It would be nice to have elf firmware to restore the camera. Can you help me with the restoration of the camera?

@Joy,

I changed the password WiFi. WiFi stopped working. I made a backup copy of the firmware to change the password. I tried to restore the work of WiFi using firmware backup. But something went wrong. The camera beeps when you start, but the record is not start and WiFi does not work. It would be nice to have elf firmware to restore the camera. Can you help me with the restoration of the camera?
@Joy has not been responding as of late.
I had the same issue and GearBest was kind enough to send me the firmware. PM me and I will send it to you

Reactions: dps
[Quote = "Dellbx, mensaje: 240214, miembro de: 25709"] ¿Cómo está usted enciende la unidad? ¿Su coche se escurra 12 o 24 voltios? El Mini 0902 es un poco de un cerdo de energía. Asegúrese de que recibe toda la corriente que necesita [/ quote]
Hello Dellbx, because the camera is supplied with 12v, beeps and Ramp up recording automatically begins the first week everything worked ok, but a week later will not start when connecting 12v. I'm still waiting for answers Gearbest,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mini 0902 1
S Mini 0902 3
CheckYourLights Mini 0902 14
Back