Screen no longer turns on, buttons unresponsive

fiatlux

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been using my replacement B40 for a couple weeks, but today I noticed that even though the "power" light is on, it's no longer recording and the screen won't turn on. I've tried turning it on and off multiple times but the screen refuses to come on. I also plugged it into my computer to see if maybe putting it into PC mode would do something, but no dice :(.

Any ideas what might be going on? I had to exchange my first one because it would randomly turn on by itself even when the car is off. I'd hate to have to return this one too.

I've tried holding down the reset button with the camera on, with the camera on, and tried pressing it with the power button as well. I'm not sure what the proper reset procedure is; am I doing it wrong?

Tried that too.

I'm thinking about just running the battery dry and plugging it back into a power source to see what happens.

I registered just to reply. It was a huge pain when mine was doing the exact thing. Here's the trick that worked for me: When the power light is on but no screen, press and hold the power button until it turns off, then while still holding the power button plug it in to a power source. That always worked for me. To permanently fix this problem I upgraded the firmware and haven't had an issue since.

Hope it helps,

I am having the same exact issue, white power light turns on but the screen stays off, I already tried what suprasick suggested but had no luck.

Just one simple test on camera,have a try to power on without memory card;if its screen appear,it indicates memory card error ;
And if can not power on or lights up,it indicates that its battery die,we suggest that replace battery local or return seller for replacement!

Bump. Same problem as OP and what suprasick said didn't work for me. Anything?

Back