Searching for a decent Cam!

Bulletguy

Reaction score
Hi

Found this forum whilst searching for a decent Dash Cam which seems to be made all the more complicated by very convincing fakes.

I'm looking for a Cam which will give a good clear picture with no 'fuzzy' date/time stamps, which many seem to have and I find that almost as annoying as poor picture quality. Seen some very good YouTube clips of the F900LHD clear enough to read vehicle plates etc, but this also seems to be one of the most copied cams with fakes galore out there. Maybe the only thing I don't like about it is the silver finished body (would be more discrete in matt black finish) but thats a minor point.

Is this a good Cam to go with and if so where is a reliable source to deal with? Also is it worthwhile considering cams which record when the vehicle is parked? Am intending to use the cam in my Motorhome rather than my car.

I have family in the US so buying from a US dealer would be no problem and undoubtedly cheaper than here in the UK!

Did you read this?

And decent can be $100 or $300.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for that.

Where in Romania are you from? I toured there last year.

Bulletguy said:
I'm looking for a Cam which will give a good clear picture with no 'fuzzy' date/time stamps, which many seem to have and I find that almost as annoying as poor picture quality. Seen some very good YouTube clips of the F900LHD clear enough to read vehicle plates etc, but this also seems to be one of the most copied cams with fakes galore out there. Maybe the only thing I don't like about it is the silver finished body (would be more discrete in matt black finish) but thats a minor point.
!

you'll also see this model done in black which is more discrete, to a point, a major issue with this cam is its physical size, there's not too many vehicles where you could mount this cam and it not be noticeable, while it can offer good performance (with the right specification) it is perhaps one of the less practical models for daily use, you'd very likely find yourself taking it off the screen regularly, this model is quite popular in Russia, it is perhaps more attractive there because they want the camera to be seen as it's very much a protection against scams etc to have recorded evidence so letting others see you have a camera is desirable

Back