settings for dr500 with hard wired power pro

jonpickles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ppl could really do with some help setting up my cam as when its in parking mode its permanantly recording and looked at settings and they are not very simple to understand...also caars seem to be quite far awy,any help would be appreciated.also when i changed the settings the device tells me that they were invalid configurations

Last edited:
hi ppl could really do with some help setting up my cam as when its in parking mode its permanantly recording and looked at settings and they are not very simple to understand...also caars seem to be quite far awy,any help would be appreciated.also when i changed the settings the device tells me that they were invalid configurations

Where are you doing The settings from Its not hard really.

Put the SD card in your computer

Open the folder on the card open application Run Blackvue

Go to little cog top right

On 1st page set Time zone and fps and quality decide if you want LEDS on or off.

Set type or Time I use time.

Second page set sensitivity in each mode For motion detection in parking set nearly at bottom

Save and exit Put card in camera and turn on Will say updating Blackvue Go for a 10 min drive to let it orient itself in the world and that's it

Are you sure its wired up correctly Yellow to PERMANENT supply Red to ACCESSORY feed that turns off with ignition.

Dip switches on PM should be 1 & 2 up for 12V cutoff 3, 4, 5 up for shortest time of recording in parking mode side switch on for parking off for no parking

Any more and I will have to come and do it for you.

offer that kind of service and you just know there's going to be some takers :p

Thinking I need to get you one of those RTFM coffee cups soon

Not me mate I can quote it word for word nearly Send one to him LOL

Air fares would be extra ROFL

Lol thx but I only got power pro not the one with settings on it.I am using pc program but not sure what each setting actually does .dont think o got frames per second either and i have latest firmware will try again when I get home .thx again

They all have settings on them or its not a POWER MAGIC

Suggest you got to the Blackvue site and down load the manual I have told you exactly how to set the camera

It's a power pro not the poweromagic.I got the manual and I bought it off a authorised dealer in uk

Ok so lets break this down...

Did you install it yourself? If so where did you make your connections?
Where do you park normally? Is the camera going to see lots of movement from trees, cars, pedestrians?
What settings do you have your Parking Mode (On the Dashcam) set to?

Post a link to it so we can see what it is

I have given you the best camera settings for the least sensitive amount of movement.

DONT set them using WIFI they don't always work Follow instructions.

http://www.blackvuehd.co.uk/smart_power.php I wired myself into fuse box in Audi a3 with piggy back fuse holders and yes it's on a road with a fair amount of cars going past.this is site and item I bought with free smart pro http://www.blackvuehd.co.uk/Blackvue_DR500GW_Wifi.php

I would bet on the fact that its wired incorrectly especially in an Audi which I think has battery protection mode. How did you set the settings As I said or via WIFI

It seems the power unit you have only shuts down with a drop in voltage and despite it saying so NOT time.

Should have spent a bit more and Bought a PM which is fully adjustable.

FPS is on the left in the first settings page in the viewer on your PC.

Its pretty simple really if you read the manual and follow it or do EXACTLY as I posted

I first set up with wifi and it didn't work but then did it on pc and didn't reject the settings so your right about pcyworking better thx.it's only three wires to connect to fuse box so can't see it being wired wrong.will check though . It's 2005 a3 s line quattro .it says the quality of the picture ie 1080x etc 30fps is that what your on about or the fine bit

I first set up with wifi and it didn't work but then did it on pc and didn't reject the settings so your right about pcyworking better thx.it's only three wires to connect to fuse box so can't see it being wired wrong.will check though . It's 2005 a3 s line quattro .it says the quality of the picture ie 1080x etc 30fps is that what your on about or the fine bit

Yes there are only 3 wires to connect but must be done carefully as on some cars, my VW included, some fuses appear to be permanently live but the car shuts them down after a while if there is a load on them However it seems yours is always on so perhaps its the red wire that's on a permanent connection instead of an Accessory feed.

You need a friend to turn the ign off as you test the fuses to find an ACC one The settings for parking are on the page with the tab at the top for sensitivity and are labeled.

G sensors are for knocks and don't need much adjusting My normal ones are turned right down below 25% the parking G sensors are at 50% and the motion sensor is at 10% and still picks up people walking 50 metres away.

As said a tree branch or in some cases strong shadows will set it off Set the time in parking record to 1 min RTFM carefully

Will have to look at the wires but did test them alot before connecting but won't harm to look again and thankyou for all your help I will try those settings and you have explained what each does a bit better than the manual tells you

Alright have loaded latest firmware and settings are

First page Set time zone

Image setting Resolution Full HD the top one

Image quality Highest

Brightness 75%

Right hand side Normal record ON

Voice record ON (your choice)

Date & Time ON

Speed Whatever u use

Record time normal 3mins

Event/ Parking 1 min

Record Storage setting. Time

Auto switch to parking ON

2nd page Sensitivity

Top 3 about 30%

Parking mode about the same

Motion detection 5%

3rd page

Wifi don't touch it

Right hand side

Turn them off to make it less obvious

Voice alarms

I only have power on and off ticked

Save and Quit Put it in Camera

Please post address for the sending of the bill :)

Lol what setting for the parking so that nothing visually sets it off please

Lol what setting for the parking so that nothing visually sets it off please

This is where it gets interesting.

From reading other posts it seems you do this

Put SD card in computer

Open Blackvue folder

Click on Config to open folder then on 2nd line it should open in Notepad.

Click on EDIT on Taskbar

Go down to motion sensor and change value to 1 Mine was 40

Save and exit

Apparently that should fix it as well as you an

Back