SG Dual Camera set up?

I'm confused now, what one is due for testing soon? the dual remote camera or the dual camera?

Dual remote is the ideal. One day...

Generally, I prefer better vs faster...:rolleyes:

It's not to rush it to market but if we did the dual remote model first then they would both be slower to arrive, that's all

conventional dual cam. main unit on front windshield (which looks similar to the new viofo a119) but with a small remote rear cam.

So the new dual channel uses the same case as the Viofo A119?

I hope it will have a thicker mount, because the GC can't be aimed high enough on SUVs' windscreen, even more with the CPL.

I hope it will have a thicker mount, because the GC can't be aimed high enough on SUVs' windscreen, even more with the CPL.

design is different, not much market for vertical windows out there, for the rest of what's out there I think we're covered already

I think my choice will be a 2 camera with control unit in the glovebox .So this version is not the one due for release soon ? Two camera in what case ?
wozzzzza said:
I'm confused now, what one is due for testing soon? the dual remote camera or the dual camera?
the dual camera

dual remote is still some way off

the hideaway model with 2 remote cameras is to come later

the model due for release soon is a typical style window mounted front cam with a remote mounted rear cam

design is different, not much market for vertical windows out there, for the rest of what's out there I think we're covered already

It's still a good idea to design in all the flexibility that you can as long as it doesn't hamper functionality. The more people who can use your products, the more potential sales you get :D The 2ch both-remote should be useful to almost everybody whereas a single-remote wedge cam doesn't give users as many mounting options. You can't please everybody but you can strive to exclude the fewest possible ;)

Phil

The dual remote is also a god sent for the addicted people out there, cuz it will make up for a perfect L & R cameras in a multi camera car.
I assume SG will also push that fact for the dual remote camera, dual Front & Rear or if you like dual Left & Right, if you want it SG have it.

L & R will probably need a little DIY for installing as SG will not be able to provide a universal side mount.
And that's okay, most people wanting side cameras are hardcore and have already been down the DIY route.
Other than the stealthiness i assume it will have with such a design is perfect, even if i have been lead to think the little remote cameras on the new cameras are not as little as say the SGZC12RC camera is.

I think its cool SG do both options for dual cameras, so get one of each and you will pretty much be driving a video bubble :cool:

I cant wait to see these cameras and the full specs of them.

Last edited:
I'm glad that I will be able to use both :) Only price deters me and there is no solution for that. You don't get what you don't pay for so to get the performance I want will never be cheap no matter who makes it :rolleyes: With my business picking back up after the usual slowness of winter I will be on board with this one quickly once it's released :cool:

Phil

I would love a left and right cam but the boss wont allow it. if I had it my way it would be in there by now.

Back