SG Dual Camera set up?

The main unit can be tucked away since the cameras are remote? What's driving your size constraint?

we still have size constraints for reasons of practicality, sure we could make it as big as we want but the bigger it gets the more limited the install options are, full size USB connectors are not something we would consider, if a special cable is needed we'll provide it

:confused:
I'd be OK with a mini computer type size... up to 2" tall, 4" wide by 3" long. That'd be plenty of room.

:confused:
I'd be OK with a mini computer type size... up to 2" tall, 4" wide by 3" long. That'd be plenty of room.

you'd be ok with it, others maybe not, I may build something that size at some stage, when I need to because it has an SSD in it or similar

you'd be ok with it, others maybe not, I may build something that size at some stage, when I need to because it has an SSD in it or similar
Hehe, have you read the thread I started in multi-channel dashcam forum? Talks about remote 2/4ch SSD 1080p system with reliable heat tolerant operation, parking, etc. That's my dream anyway.

Hehe, have you read the thread I started in multi-channel dashcam forum? Talks about remote 2/4ch SSD 1080p system with reliable heat tolerant operation, parking, etc. That's my dream anyway.

the hardware is not quite there yet, can't plan for things based on what's available today though ;)

;)

147459.png

4122.jpg

and costs more ;)
I couldn't find this in Google images. I think you should upload it there, so ppl can refer to it ! ;)

Was looking through it, they say they support dual channel, which probably means they're limited to two sensor inputs, even though the processor can do 16MP@30fps based on their spec, probably MIPI interface running at 1.5GHz max, thought that'd be closer to 18MP@30.
They say they have a USB interface, so maybe you could do an SSD but if you wanted to do a 4CH, then you couldn't share the same SSD, which would be wasteful.
I haven't looked around much but yes, 4CH video processor chip is hard to find.

Ambarella US office is 20mins from my work. :D

jokiin, are you saying you have the full SDK or are you complaining with the full SDK you still need support? Why, what problems are you encountering that requires AMBA's support?

their product spec sheets should be called a wish list, they announce features but it takes a few years of development before they actually start to work, it's like announce it and we'll work out later how to deliver it

you can get the SDK if you purchase the right amount of processors, that's no issue, the support from Ambarella is very fractured, don't expect much help if you're not GoPro, there's a lot of very ordinary product out in the market because of the support the developers get, ie; bugger all

their product spec sheets should be called a wish list, they announce features but it takes a few years of development before they actually start to work, it's like announce it and we'll work out later how to deliver it

you can get the SDK if you purchase the right amount of processors, that's no issue, the support from Ambarella is very fractured, don't expect much help if you're not GoPro, there's a lot of very ordinary product out in the market because of the support the developers get, ie; bugger all
What kind of support specifically?
If you're developing a product, it's assumed that you hire a person that knows how to use their SDK. Unless you're talking about poor SDK documentation or non-functional features in the SDK, buggy and etc.

Will the SG9665GC work with any future dual camera designs if this is known already? I'm mostly curious to see if I can buy one now and get a rear one later on or just wait entirely for a dual camera kit in the future. Just planning ahead :)

Back