SG9663DC beta firmware

Does anyone know in what situations 30 fps low bitrate would be better than 5 fps in parking mode? Would recording quality be better in low-light situations for 5 fps? Assuming you are in a parking lot or garage, which makes more sense between the two (5 or 30 fps)? Thanks!

I just installed the 1.41 Beta.... and actually I didn't notice that there was a 1.39 release back in mid March !! (I check this forum now and then, and I asked about better parking mode, and I still missed it, but maybe SG needs to send an email notification).
So I tested the 30fps setup. Which worked well. the size of the file isn't that big and not much different from the 5fps on the 1.37 firmware, which is good. The addition of sound is a good thing (not mentioned in the release notes!

I also changed the parking mode G-sensitivity to high

As per the new beta, the main addition is "Add - Configuration changes to suit mobile APP" which i am not sure what that means. I connected the Novacam app and i don't see anything different.

Other than that....nothing else I could see. Solid.

the APP adjustments are to suit our own APP, not Novacam, a few more changes will be in the next build and then we should hopefully have things in sync to allow some beta testing of the APP also, we're only testing internally at the moment

the APP adjustments are to suit our own APP, not Novacam, a few more changes will be in the next build and then we should hopefully have things in sync to allow some beta testing of the APP also, we're only testing internally at the moment

(y)(y)

i like the audio when parked so i run my parking mode at 30fps so you can hear whats going on around you or if someone slams their door into yours you would be able to hear it hopefully and know when and who it was.

wasn't there a clock sign on the screen for when the cam goes on park mode ?

Ah yes it is there. I had the impression it was sitting in the top middle of the screen. all good.

"01. Delete - Short press MENU button while recording to take a photo"
This hurts a bit. What do you, the others, think?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Then, what do you do to lock the file?

Good, now you know when a lock was done by you and not triggered by a road bump, because you have a "witness".

Not been here in a while. The Tapatalk app used to alert me when new comments were posted here, but its not been doing that for a while oddly!
I took my car into the dealership this morning to have the tyres swapped round and TPMS sensors recoded. As I was watching the footage back in parking mode I was just thinking to myself how great it would be to have a proper parking mode that recorded like driving mode with sound as well! It turns out I'm still running v1.35 o_O:eek: and downloaded v1.39 from the SG website and see mention of a 30fps parking mode option :geek:.
I'm going to go with the v1.41 beta unless there's any known issues which should be stopping me???

P.S. I really do need to check back in here more often these days!

Back