SG9663DC hardwire

jschaf024

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, apologies if this is redundant...I've searched around online and havent found much info on this..

I recently purchased the DC, and have been told the hardwire kit for it is coming out soon. I see some hardwire kits on the streetguardian website...are these the ones I need?

https://streetguardian.cam/product/cellpower-power-supply-cpusb01

Bought this for my fiance', and she only has one plug..socket...what is the damn word im looking for??.. in her nissan rogue, and she needs it for other things. So i'd like to hardwire..but dont want to buy the wrong one if I'll be replacing it with the "new" one anyway..
So I guess I'm at the point where I'll leave it in the box until I can figure out what hardwire solution to use.. any advice here? Wait until the new kit, or find an easy hardwire solution? Could I cut the wires, get a fuse-adapter and rig it up that way?

i think thats the old hardwire kit that work with the older SG cameras, the new kit for the newer cameras are still a few weeks out ( the hardwire kit are a stand alone kit replacing the regular PSU that come with the DC

Are there any images available of the hardwire kit.

Are there any images available of the hardwire kit.

no as the only ones I have right now are pre production pieces and they're installed in vehicles, size wise it's similar to the current power supply except there's 3 wires (an earth and two fuse taps) instead of a cig plug on the end

@jokiin Thanks for the information.

Also, any updates on the production version of the hardwire kit.

@jokiin Did you end up getting an eta on the hardwire kit. I’m on the fence about having my camera installed(shop install) now or waiting on the kit. Thanks

they're in production but I don't have a firm delivery date yet, Monday is a holiday in China so won't get an update until Tuesday

Ok, thanks. Looking forward to it, now my main reason is apparently it’s common for service techs to joy ride and not do the work they claim.

When i was a mechanic, the only time i ever pushed a vehicle hard was one of two things: either the customer specifically stated that the problem only occurred when pushed hard or at high speed, or if it was a used car that was owned by the dealership (traded in or bought at auction). That included the owner's personal Porsche 911 Carerra 4S. He knew I had been racing for years, so he trusted me to drive his car. And when he ran something over and it started making a scraping noise while cornering hard, i didn't hesitate when he told me to find the problem. :D

When i was a mechanic, the only time i ever pushed a vehicle hard was one of two things: either the customer specifically stated that the problem only occurred when pushed hard or at high speed, or if it was a used car that was owned by the dealership (traded in or bought at auction). That included the owner's personal Porsche 911 Carerra 4S. He knew I had been racing for years, so he trusted me to drive his car. And when he ran something over and it started making a scraping noise while cornering hard, i didn't hesitate when he told me to find the problem. :D

Haha, sounds fun. Ya, if the person knows what they are doing it’s not as bad. A local guy went to the dealer and they got busted not performing the 30k maintenance(800-1300 dollars.) Same guy was on the news when firestone decided to redline his car and double the speed limit for no reason, lol.

@jokiin With the new hardwire kit for the sg9663dc is the battery discharge device good to have? I know it’s probably not required as I don’t see everyone running something similar but if it’s safer I’d like to know. Thanks

@jokiin With the new hardwire kit for the sg9663dc is the battery discharge device good to have? I know it’s probably not required as I don’t see everyone running something similar but if it’s safer I’d like to know. Thanks

the hardwire power lead has selectable voltage discharge built in, you won't need any extra device

Looks like it’s going to be a while? I think I’m just going to get the install done in 2 weeks. Any negatives to just hardwiring the camera vs using the hardwire kit coming out?

Looks like it’s going to be a while? I think I’m just going to get the install done in 2 weeks. Any negatives to just hardwiring the camera vs using the hardwire kit coming out?

unless you're somewhere really obscure you should be able to get it in time, waiting for them to be delivered today and will be sending stock to the USA same day so they should have them by around Thursday

unless you're somewhere really obscure you should be able to get it in time, waiting for them to be delivered today and will be sending stock to the USA same day so they should have them by around Thursday

Awesome, noticed they are listed now so went ahead and pre-ordered. Thanks

Back