SG9663DR update

I meant how come the camera shown on the right of the box look different on the guide. Thought it was a graphic error or something.

The included CPL comes pre-attached to the camera on the right. It clips on and off the same as our other models.

1 CPL filter provided, attached to camera it make it look a little different.

jokiin Thank you for the preview photo.
Question that even waiting for the final information release will not answer. Can I install a cutoff switch at the constant on yellow Batt+ between the fuse and voltage monitor and not mess up the settings if I flip that switch to cut the power? Then next time starting the vehicle, flip the switch back on and the cam will turn on? The reason is I would like to install an on/off remote switch at the constant on Batt+ so when I get home I can just flip a switch to turn it off and it will not go into parking mode as it will be in my garage and I will not need it to go into parking mode. Much easier than changing the settings or switching off at the head unit, if possible, being it will hidden. I think I read someplace with a cam, long pressing the panic/file save remote button will turn the cam off. I would not be surprised if you have already configure the software to do this. That would be ideal.

From your nice photo I cannot tell if the fuse "type" is swapable. Will we need to provide what type of fuses we need as the photo does not show all types. I cannot see a fuse connector to the cable. Photo here shows the SGDCHW and I have circled the connector for the fuse so any type of fuse can be inserted.Capture.JPG

Would love to see a pic of one cam outside of the box when you can post that.

And who pays to clean the drooling off of my keyboard? :ROFLMAO:

Phil

d6a7146658c0dcd43b0d60eecda619aa.jpg

The first air freight rushed small batch just arrived in the USA. Our Pre-order listing isn’t ready yet but wanted to post an update at least. (Loads More stock on the way is a bit delayed from sea freight)

Only 10? Let the panic buying commence!

Well if they are shipped with Maersk, you can be sure the ship will arrive so exact on time you can set your clock by it.
But what happen after that is anybody's guess.

jokiin Thank you for the preview photo.
Question that even waiting for the final information release will not answer. Can I install a cutoff switch at the constant on yellow Batt+ between the fuse and voltage monitor and not mess up the settings if I flip that switch to cut the power? Then next time starting the vehicle, flip the switch back on and the cam will turn on? The reason is I would like to install an on/off remote switch at the constant on Batt+ so when I get home I can just flip a switch to turn it off and it will not go into parking mode as it will be in my garage and I will not need it to go into parking mode. Much easier than changing the settings or switching off at the head unit, if possible, being it will hidden. I think I read someplace with a cam, long pressing the panic/file save remote button will turn the cam off. I would not be surprised if you have already configure the software to do this. That would be ideal.

From your nice photo I cannot tell if the fuse "type" is swapable. Will we need to provide what type of fuses we need as the photo does not show all types. I cannot see a fuse connector to the cable. Photo here shows the SGDCHW and I have circled the connector for the fuse so any type of fuse can be inserted.View attachment 52225
fuse taps can be swapped, you've circled the connector where they disconnect, different taps are available, just like our other hardwire kits

technically you could add a switch on the B+ wire, not something I would suggest doing though, too easy to forget to turn it back on, can be manually turned off also

yes fuse taps connect to the hard wire kit with bullet connectors ( probably 5-6 mm ones )
It have not been common with the similar fuse taps i have gotten at local car store, they have been fitted with a crimp connector, which i cut off cuz i am a solder and heat shrink kind of guy.
But the ones SG provide i recon have them so it is easy to provide what kind of fuse tap the customer need.

your parking mode you can always limit by the timer in the camera, surely no need to put a load on the battery that is not needed, i plan on using 1-2 hours at the most, and should i then need more some day it is easy and fast to change the timer in the menus.

That "foot" on the mount, if it was switchable with 90 degrees that would be awesome. ( i am thinking side window mount here )
But i might also be ahead of myself as the foot are probably smaller than i think it is.

Can the mount go on the camera both ways ? so the foot can be up like in the picture or down.

That "foot" on the mount, if it was switchable with 90 degrees that would be awesome. ( i am thinking side window mount here )
But i might also be ahead of myself as the foot are probably smaller than i think it is.

Can the mount go on the camera both ways ? so the foot can be up like in the picture or down.
mount only goes on one way, can rotate all the way and can be mounted the other way if needed, there's a flip video option for each channel in the settings menu

And something i was thinking while on my lonely drive in the darkness tonight.
If SG make a 4 channel QR camera, then i assume each camera need a Chip to transmit the digital signal, but then in the main unit do you then too need 4 receiver / decode chips, one for each camera too.

quad channel would be some way off still, if at all, other projects are going to be keeping us busy for the next 18~24 months, the tech will likely change before that would happen so not something I'd worry too much about at this stage

There is a myriad of thoughts and ideas in my head, all of which will probably evaporate when i get the camera in my hands, cuz then i come up with another brilliant idea i just have to run with :)

At least it is not my mind wrestling with ideas of SG products that keep me awake all night,,,,,, at least at the moment ;) it always seem to be far more simple and stupid things my mind want to tackle when i go to bed.
Really annoying, if only i was able to do some rocket science while trying to fall asleep, but the stuff my brain comp up with are more along the lines of tying ones shoelaces.

Yeah i know it was more a technical thing, if there is Tx chips in each camera unit with just the power they need to send the signal on, and then Rx chips with a larger compute power so you could handle 4 camera inputs with just one decode chip.
But of course you have 4 camera inputs in such a system, so if you had to have a decode chip for each channel it would probably not make the thing harder to make anyway.

Not that geeky but my mind kind of say the Tx chips are also a factor in the overall image quality you can push thru the system, i mean it is no good if you have what equate to a 1080 / 20 mbit signal from the camera if the main unit cant make that into say a 40 mbit stream, cuz then it would sort of just be extrapolating on bitrate rather than resolution.

But maybe it dont even work like that :) my brain just take off like a doped up professional Cyclist.

four channel is possible right now, TX/RX is no issue, making workable side cameras is a much bigger challenge, that and the fact that it's a very small market that would be interested enough to go to the trouble/install expense involved in doing side cameras, a long way from being a mass market consumer product

Back