SG9663DR update

In what ways have performance been substantially improved that we should look forward to?
it's a single board design versus two PCB's in the old model, the ribbon cable that connects the two boards is a weak point, there other benefits also but they're all incremental, together it adds up to a better end result

So, in theory, it would be possible to use the DR main unit and 2x DCPRO rear cameras?...
yes that works fine
Can we then conclude the camera cables for the DR and DC are the same diameter? In the picture the cables appear to be 'substantial' and that was the biggest issue I had in installing my DC and X2PRO rear cams. It will give me pause if the DR cables are larger than the DC.

Here’s a photo showing the DR working with a DC camera. DR camera’s deeply recessed port hides and protects the plug better. See second photo
da5301435979166272a6b2c7fa29a94a.jpg

a2a166a08760d6f1fc0ae4e299248e2f.jpg

Last edited:
Cables are not thicker than the existing ones, going by some reactions so far it seems everything looks bigger in pictures [emoji51]
They say the camera adds 10lbs... So since you're using a camera to take pics of a camera, that's 20lbs. And when you add 20lbs (sorry, ~9kg) to a cable that probably weighs less than one pound, well.... :p :ROFLMAO:

just got it, certainly does look and feel like a quality setup compared all to all previous versions of dash cams. they just keep getting better and better. connections are far better, i doubt they will wiggle loose and people will have trouble breaking them.

Where are people mounting the remote. I'm not creative and looking for suggestions. :)

Where are people mounting the remote. I'm not creative and looking for suggestions. :)
I have mine on the dash by the steering column, will be different in every vehicle, just keep in mind the mic is in the remote, you also have file save function and can turn the wifi on/off using the key so you want it somewhere suitable to the functionality, the light can be disabled in the menus if you don't want it flashing

We are waiting for feedback to see what customers decide. If I had to guess I’d say the glovebox will be popular. Center counsel of bigger vehicles is possible. Even the trunk/boot could work if remote event/mic button isn’t important to you. If securing the microSD SD card in a more secure area is very important to you that could steer the decision as well. Every place has pros and cons.

Anywhere within reach i would say, i am probably going to put mine on ( top ) of the console between the seats or on the side of same.
Or as i will transition from a Glass mirror to a LCD, and so contemplate moving that forward a little, then i will have a wide open area on the sealing where the mirror normally mount.

First i would figure out where to put the main unit, and then see what options i have for the button with the wire length it have, one should be able to gauge this first without actually having to install anything permanent yet.

First i would figure out where to put the main unit, and then see what options i have for the button with the wire length it have, one should be able to gauge this first without actually having to install anything permanent yet.
yeah I think laying it all out and planning your install before putting anything in is always going to be a good idea, the install is a lot more involved that a typical setup

you mean the 3 people who have this in hand?lol
We are waiting for feedback to see what customers decide.
I plan on under cup tray in center consul for head unit, there is lots of space, easy to remove cup tray. Just need to verify there is air flow, if not then back side of glove box, it pivots down with release of upper tabs. Wherever it ends up airflow (not in front of climate vents) and access is what matters to me. Many options for remote..depending on length of cables and main unit placement.

Is the DR tube design more prone to shaking when going over bumps compared to a DC? I had a Blackvue before and I didn't feel it was very sturdy.

Depending on how hard it is to take apart the trim, there's a couple empty slots under the HVAC controls on my wife's car where the main unit will go. If it's too much trouble I'll just put it in the glovebox.

The button/mic will go on the console above and to the left of the gear selector knob. But it's probably not what you think of when you think "shift knob"... It's an actual knob you twist.
2018%20Chrysler%20Pacifica%20Touring%20L%20Front%20Dashboard%20Interior.jpg

Last edited:
Gear selector knob,,,,,,, to a Dane that might be something a NASA official say, we just get a stick to pull and push.
I think i would like some slack in the wires, so where i install it i can still take it out and read the screen / operate it / access the memory card, but i also think that is something i can do just fine, and a foot or so of slack i think is all i need.

If you are a fan of the film 2001 a space odyssey, you could have a little "fun" with the red button :giggle:

5BWIKDIWPbXxpsvPwnt_BSm-hIC9IOHL1TfnyKQjZTkQTVNpGyeKU_xSW6sjUvVk08FTKFmupX5q2aj9i163WmLZBvHR6LpFLHuOhpPTGN-NeOIHRyEOdiY

Gear selector knob,,,,,,, to a Dane that might be something a NASA official say, we just get a stick to pull and push.
I think i would like some slack in the wires, so where i install it i can still take it out and read the screen / operate it / access the memory card, but i also think that is something i can do just fine, and a foot or so of slack i think is all i need.

If you are a fan of the film 2001 a space odyssey, you could have a little "fun" with the red button :giggle:

5BWIKDIWPbXxpsvPwnt_BSm-hIC9IOHL1TfnyKQjZTkQTVNpGyeKU_xSW6sjUvVk08FTKFmupX5q2aj9i163WmLZBvHR6LpFLHuOhpPTGN-NeOIHRyEOdiY
Damned studios, I had such a cool looking SentryMode screensaver in my Tesla Model 3, they had to go and file a cease and desist against Tesla, so Tesla changed the SentryMode icon.
Getting my DR in the mail this week, will see how best to mount it, likely gonna have to run it 24/7 due to lack of fuse box and +ACC connection in a Tesla Model 3/Y.

Back