SG9665GC and +32 GB memory cards

Just started using a Transcend 300x 64 GB card ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CHHTOII ) and after the initial 'card error' and in camera format it's been recording fine in static testing for about an hour now. Will take a few days to fill up and start over-writing.

Edit: 6/1/15 - Been using this for 6 weeks now and no issues at all.

Last edited:
Just installed this 64GB PNY card (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N2ROG9O) in my second SG9665GC. Got the initial 'card error' message and did an in camera format. Recording normally since then. Will be a few days before it starts looping but based on my experience with the Transcend 64GB I don't expect any issues.

Will be a few days before it starts looping

I usually take dashcam home and set it to record overnight if I want to get looping quicker ;)

hehe yeah i think my camera have done more recording in my livingroom window than in the car, but that will change one day.

I usually take dashcam home and set it to record overnight if I want to get looping quicker ;)
I've done that as well. This time I just did a static test for about 8 minutes to make sure it was writing multiple files (5 minutes each).

hehe yeah i think my camera have done more recording in my livingroom window than in the car, but that will change one day.

This shows how easily Dash-Board-Camera may become "Windows-Board-Camera" ? :)

I drive so little these days, and i really wanted to find some major flaws with jokiins product, but luckily i failed in that.

Seem like the only flaw is me handeling the camera wrong :rolleyes:

Just started using a Transcend 300x 64 GB card ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CHHTOII ) and after the initial 'card error' and in camera format it's been recording fine in static testing for about an hour now. Will take a few days to fill up and start over-writing.

thanks for the update, these are the same cards our firmware engineers use for testing and probably the best choice in a 64gb card

are these cards genuine?? quite cheap for the price, question is the price they selling on amazon in $AU or $US?? 64GB $30.25 what?? $AU or $US?

I always use a 64GB card, everything works fine.
I have this card

agXN2.png

Very reliable card Samsung EVO

agXNe.png

Last edited:
yeah I got a Samsung evo too, 2 of them. thinking about a 128GB card now for one of the cams, I know one accepts 128gb but not the other but cant remember what one does 128gb.

not sure if one is preferred over the other, I'd probably lean toward the Transcend as it's sold by Amazon and should be no question about the authenticity of the card

yeah I guess transcend I will give a go. see what one lasts the longest. and the cheapest I can find by a long shot.

are these cards genuine?? quite cheap for the price, question is the price they selling on amazon in $AU or $US?? 64GB $30.25 what?? $AU or $US?
All prices are US$ (assuming the links worked correctly and didn't redirect you to an AU site). The Transcend I bought from Amazon and I have no indication it's not genuine. The PNY I bought at a local brick-and-mortar store - just linked to an Amazon listing for the same card as a matter of convenience.

Just wanted to verify. Is it correct to assume that the SG9665GC does NOT work with 128gb cards?

SG9665GC can natively support/format 64GB cards max since that's all the current Novatek SDK supports at the moment.

We've manually formatted 128GB cards FAT32 in a computer via special app and cluster size and after that it seems to work. We are still doing long term testing and so far so good.

Reactions: Yen
Back