SG9665GC anyone hardwire?

Is heat shrink tubing a common Lowe's or Home Depot item? Or what's a good retailer that would sell it? Thanks.

You can probably find it on Amazon or eBay if you can't find a retailer with it, somewhere like Fry's or Radio Shack or whatever equivalent you have locally should have it

I should also ask, will holding it over an electric stove burner work, or do you really have to buy a heat gun? It'd be a shame to have to buy a new tool that I may never need to use again.

A cigarette lighter will work, don't put the flame on it directly, some hairdryers are hot enough also

If you can find an assortment of different sizes like this that will be your best bet; I've been working through that same box for a couple years now. You can also use a soldering iron to shrink it; keep the iron tip underneath the shrink tubing so the heat rises into it. Using an iron can be kind of tricky though; you have to get it really close to the shrink tubing without actually touching it and then rotate the joint around so that you heat all the sides.

Did your fuse tap come with instructions? If it's a Littelfuse branded one the included instructions are actually quite good and should help answer some of your questions.

On a side note my CPUSB01 converter showed up. According to the specifications written on the cable and my own measurements the power leads appear to be 24 AWG for anyone curious.

8 out of 10 times i use a lighter to shrink the tubing, the remaining 2 time i use the heat from the soldering iron.

PS. the shrink tube assortments that can be had is in my eyes often low grade, but for any normal use by a DIY person it will be more than good.

I have a lot of surplus shring tubing ( black and clear ) from my casemodding days.

Finally hardwired my cam yesterday, although I'm probably going to go back over it since the GPS adapter cable is too short for me to run it down the A-pillar all the way to the dash. Right now it's about 6 inches from the bottom and kinda just dangling with the last 2" or so coming out of the A-pillar cover. As opposed to trying to lengthen the cable, I guess it'd just be smarter to flip the PCB and have the GPS receiver sit at the top of the windshield.

I just received my Cellink B battery pack direct from Korea. It's hardwired to an ACC fuse only, so the Cellink is charged when the engine is running and, when the engine is off, my 3 dashcams will feed of the Cellink. Right now, I'm charging the Cellink via a 12V battery which is, in turn, having its charge topped up by a smart car battery charger. Will be running this setup overnight to give the Cellink a nice charge.

va7IjJ.jpg

ABXbDu.jpg

JExiQQ.jpg

AUD223 shipped to my door step in 4 days mate. You won't find a better deal (in fact, you won't find any other re-seller here in Australia, if I'm correct).

I got it from gmarket. It's like eBay for Korea. You will need to sign-up, etc., but it was overall seamless process.

I'm testing the unit now as I type. I gave it a good charge overnight and hooked it up to a USB splitter for my DR3500FHD and by Street Guardian @ 0500 hours this morning. The led for "Full" was lit, so it had been fully charged.

Keen to see how this performs. It's rated for 72 hours, but reviews have suggested that you're more likely to get around 18 hours from a dual channel system. I also don't have parking mode enabled on the SG, so it will be constantly recording.

cool, did a bit of googling and couldnt find it, will try there, but out of my price range for now though but not a bad idea.

OK - here's an update.

My DR3500FHD and SG were connected to the Cellink @ 0500 hours this morning.

It is now 1930 and both cams are still running. That's 14.5 hours run time so far, on a 2 channel system. The car had remained stationary during this period.

I got home at around 16:30 this afternoon and took the car for a quick drive for errands for about 20 minutes. When I got home, I decided to check the footage on the card. No doubt this short drive would have topped up the charge on the Cellink.

A couple of things I noticed:

1. When I started the engine, the SG was showing a timestamp of 0600ish hours (it was around 16:30 in the afternoon). My car is parked in an undercover carpark, so I wonder if the time synching issue is related to GPS reception?

2. When I reviewed the file listing on my 64GB Kingston card, going off the timestamp of the *.MOV files, I can see recordings from 0500 --> around 12:00, and then missing clips between 12:00 to 16:30. Odd. I wonder if it's a case of screwy time synching that's jumbling the files out of order... ?

A couple of further points:
A. I have parking mode disabled on the SG, so it is on constant recording mode.
B. The Cellink UPS is hardwired to an ACC fuse, so it will use its own internal battery to power the cams.
C. I don't think the Cellink lost power during the time span of missing records. It doesn't make sense to lose power for several hours and then magically power back up.

Any ideas? @jokiin? @Pier28?

Can you send me a screenshot of the file list as seen on your PC

Does the power cut at all with the cellink or is it just a power source?

Which firmware version are you on?

Here's a file listing:

abuqHa.png

Jl4kpt.png

RBewLV.png

8P8lsd.png

op5Yzm.png

Can you send me a screenshot of the file list as seen on your PC

Does the power cut at all with the cellink or is it just a power source?

Which firmware version are you on?

I'm using the latest "release candidate" firmware you advised me to update when I purchased my SG last week.

The Cellink is just a power source.
1. When the engine is off, the Cellink supplies power to the dash cams.
2. When the engine is running, the Cellink is charged as well as supplies power to the dashcams.
3. Once power in in the Cellink is depleted, it will automatically stop supplying power, hence causing the dashcams to power off.

Hope this makes sense?

My SD card currently has 647MB free, so some earlier recordings would have been wiped, I suspect.

You're using the supplied memory card?

Does the power always come from the internal battery of the cellink or does it bypasss and run from the car when the car is running? You mentioned UPS which normally would mean it should kick in when there's no power, or maybe I don't understand the cellink

Do you have an English manual for the cellink at all?

You're using the supplied memory card?

Does the power always come from the internal battery of the cellink or does it bypasss and run from the car when the car is running? You mentioned UPS which normally would mean it should kick in when there's no power, or maybe I don't understand the cellink

Do you have an English manual for the cellink at all?

I used my own SD card. The SD card that was supplied with the unit was 32GB. I'm using my own Kingston 64GB.

Hope you can decipher the English manual :p

jz3KRy.png

Back