SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

if that's a regular route you drive have you got any footage of the same sort of conditions/same time of day with the previous firmware?

I'm a file hoarder jokiin ;)

Give me a few minutes to dig through my collection from last week...have to find a sunny morning.

My morning trip is due east so it's either into the sun or inside the M5 East Tunnel.

@niko, I have always left my dashcam on UTC, I know it is 1 hr out during BST, it is just one less clock to change, lol. Plus I run webservers, so am used to seeing the time 1hr out.

But since the new firmware, it was a whole day out on top of the hour out, for BST.

I didn't have time to completely reset and format this morning, so I just changed to GMT +1, then back to GMT -0 and it caused the camera to re-sync the time and now the correct date is shown.

I'll yank the card when I get back later to see if that also fixed the GPS data being logged, if not I'll try the hard reset and re-format again.

@niko, I have always left my dashcam on UTC, I know it is 1 hr out during BST, it is just one less clock to change, lol. Plus I run webservers, so am used to seeing the time 1hr out.

But since the new firmware, it was a whole day out on top of the hour out, for BST.

I didn't have time to completely reset and format this morning, so I just changed to GMT +1, then back to GMT -0 and it caused the camera to re-sync the time and now the correct date is shown.

I'll yank the card when I get back later to see if that also fixed the GPS data being logged, if not I'll try the hard reset and re-format again.
Important is to wait till GPS signal is locked ( green ) then after that adjust GMT and time / date settings.

Yeah it was green this morning when I did it.

Perhaps it didn't have a good lock when I set the timezone on Monday.

Hopefully it has fixed gps data now too, but haven't had time to review footage to check yet...

Yeah it was green this morning when I did it.

Perhaps it didn't have a good lock when I set the timezone on Monday.

Hopefully it has fixed gps data now too, but haven't had time to review footage to check yet...
No probl. Take you time and when ready share your thoughts.

I don't think you'll have problems now it is synced

There ya go. Clip of driving into the sun using old firmware (SG20160323.V2) as promised jokiin.. Forgot to mention, both are with CPL filter installed and default setting.

Last edited:
I'm a file hoarder jokiin ;)

Give me a few minutes to dig through my collection from last week...have to find a sunny morning.

My morning trip is due east so it's either into the sun or inside the M5 East Tunnel.

I hate those east/west commutes, Moorefields Road in winter is always an accident blackspot

I hate those east/west commutes, Moorefields Road in winter is always an accident blackspot

It's not too bad at the moment. In summer I have the sun in my eyes both going AND coming from work. It's nearly dark when I leave work now o_O BTW, this is Vanessa St so just the other side of the M5 from Moorefields Rd ;)

Last edited:
gee petrol is cheap in Sydney.

They say it should jump up 20 cents tomorrow in time for the long weekend Hate these price cycles...

Okay, very wierd, the few secs that the time was set to GMT +1 I got GPS data logged.

Otherwise nothing when set to GMT -0, however it does show G sensor every minute in registrator viewer, except for that few secs recording, where GPS data was logged.

WTH?

I guess I'll try a format and reset in the morning and see how we go from there, something very strange is happening with my camera at the moment...

Okay, very wierd, the few secs that the time was set to GMT +1 I got GPS data logged.

Otherwise nothing when set to GMT -0, however it does show G sensor every minute in registrator viewer, except for that few secs recording, where GPS data was logged.

WTH?

I guess I'll try a format and reset in the morning and see how we go from there, something very strange is happening with my camera at the moment...

where is your GPS mounted?

Back