SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Ok, interesting that the speed shown is similar to your actual speed (first two digits) might add weight to the suggestion @Dashmellow made earlier about the speed anomaly

Don't think so. The other day when mine spiked at 15,580 KM/H I was doing 47 KM/H
9gP1nwi.jpg

@jokiin

Can you copy the release notes to your first posts? I love to know the changes/release dates for each file without having to download each time :)

One of the interesting things about the 425 MPH readout on the GPS is that I was traveling at about 41/42 MPH for the seconds before and after that capture. Could it be that the 425 MPH reading was a decimal point out of place in the firmware's GPS calculation?

View attachment 23921

View attachment 23922

@Dashmellow do you have a copy of this file still, the engineer wants to have a look at the file if you do, would be a big help

Last edited:
yeah if you have the full clip is better, Registrator Viewer will manipulate the data when you cut a fragment

Okay, I'll have to upload tomorrow from work as I record in 5 minute segments and this 'glitch' seems to happen right at the end of one so I'll upload the two files (the one it happens in and the one that starts 1 second later) but that's 1.2GB in total and that will kill my data allowance (I'm on 4G here, no ADSL or cable:()

Okay, I'll have to upload tomorrow from work as I record in 5 minute segments and this 'glitch' seems to happen right at the end of one so I'll upload the two files (the one it happens in and the one that starts 1 second later) but that's 1.2GB in total and that will kill my data allowance (I'm on 4G here, no ADSL or cable:()

yeah tomorrow is fine, engineer won't be able to check it until then anyway

if possible can you upload to www.mega.co.nz as we can access that from China, google, dropbox etc are blocked, also please zip each file (doesn't save any space but helps if we need to resume a download if it times out) and upload each file individually

thanks heaps

yeah tomorrow is fine, engineer won't be able to check it until then anyway

if possible can you upload to www.mega.co.nz as we can access that from China, google, dropbox etc are blocked, also please zip each file (doesn't save any space but helps if we need to resume a download if it times out) and upload each file individually

thanks heaps

No probs Rick. I'll have to suss out mega as I've never used it, hopefully the firewall at work hasn't blocked it. Also, just did a bit of fiddling with the two files and noticed that the 'glitch' isn't in the first file, it's in the second so would only need to upload the one. The other interesting thing is this 'glitch' seems to happen at the very beginning of the new file..
p7PhE7f.jpg

Maybe something to do with the creation of the file?

even if you can upload to wherever suits if you can't get to mega I'll download it and reupload, no problem, there may be some relevance to it being at the start of the clip, I think the one @Dashmellow pointed out was also near the start of a segment, he also uses 5 minute clips which may also have some relevance, not sure that it does but you try and look for patterns when troubleshooting problems

No worries Rick. I'll try mega first and if it's blocked I'll see if the IT guy can upload it for me if he's in (sits at the desk next to me;))

If all else fails I'll throw it on Google drive and send you the link.

Hello everyone,

I just received my dashcam and had it installed in my car. It seems to be working fine with the exception of some "whitening" overexposure, but various posts mention that this issue has been fixed in the beta firmware. Thus, I proceeded to download the beta 20 firmware. I followed the instructions (format card in the dashcam, copy the bin file to the empty card, power on the dashcam with the card) but it does not seem to start the update procedure. Once the dashcam powers on, it quickly goes into the recording mode and completely ignores the firmware bin file that is in the card.

Any suggestions please?

PS:
I'm using a SanDisk Extreme microSDXC 64GB UHS-1 (the UHS-1 is a faster/newer version of the Class 10). The dashcam menu shows the following firmware version: SG20160601.V2

red/grey SanDisk cards aren't supported (they use a proprietary controller that can trip up into read only mode) Can you try copying the .bin to another/different memory card?

Oh I wasn't aware of such a problem. Although my card looks red/gold. At least recording works fine, since I've been testing it all day today without problems, the only issue was with the firmware.

I have an older card for my GoPro camera, I'll try that and report back.

Back