SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

This is one of the reasons I chose the Camera. Not only is the image quality amazing, it's the right size camera I wanted, and the manufacturer (jokiin) is here putting out updates for his product. Having access to Beta versions is a huge plus for me too.

Thanks jokiin!

This is one of the reasons I chose the Camera. Not only is the image quality amazing, it's the right size camera I wanted, and the manufacturer (jokiin) is here putting out updates for his product. Having access to Beta versions is a huge plus for me too.

Thanks jokiin!
It is not one time, it is just the way they do business :)

Will this have any negative affect on the video quality with a cpl filter for night?

Last edited:
Will this have any negative affect on the video quality with a cpl filter for night?

I test with and without filters day and night, haven't seen anything negative with the filter on at night with this update

have updated the first post with a newer beta with the following two changes

1.Add HIGH/MIDDLE/LOW menu options in the " Record Audio" submenu
2.Open and improve GPS sync time function

have updated the first post with a newer beta with the following two changes

1.Add HIGH/MIDDLE/LOW menu options in the " Record Audio" submenu
2.Open and improve GPS sync time function

1) this should be good for those that blast music extra loud and prefer the music over the maximum tuned sensitivity of picking up conversations.

2) I'm excited the GPS time/date auto sync is back in action. :)

@jokiin Thank you for your attention to detail. Always can count on you keeping everything current.

previously we only did this internally and we could spend months working on stuff and even though people would ask about something and we'd tell them we were working on it I think sometimes people just thought we were brushing them off and nothing was happening, a lot of the earlier bug fixes we did though were mind numbingly involved and we'd regularly break something else when trying to sort a problem so I probably wouldn't have liked to inflict those on the public, maybe a good thing that we waited longer before doing it this way

we then apply the same changes to the earlier .002 firmware version code and those will only be available as release versions so anyone with the earlier firmware type models won't be able to participate in any pre release versions but will still see the same changes on release versions
Is SG20150305.007 newer firmware than that (.002)? And coming update is coming for that too?

That would be 002 rather than 007, updates are available for your model already, links to download are on our website, what's new on the home page will take you there

@ jokiin, Please excuse my ignorance but should I install the latest firmware SG 20160111 .V2 or would it pay to wait a while ?

If there were any confirmed issues with a test build, we wouldn't make it available for public testing.
Having said that, it's up to you if you want to be on the official long term stable/public/shipping build or help test a newer beta build with added features.
A beta test build will eventually become the new official stable build after a period of confirmation time.

Thanks Pier 28, So is this latest firmware still in public testing mode ?

Thanks for that link, I just had a quick look ,is downloading it the only way to tell what version it is ?

The latest release is update V2, there are links included for the prior versions also with details of each

Thanks joking so the earlier one was V2 update 1 and the latest V2 update 2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back