SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

As I use mencoder (and thus ffmpeg) I use the
"-vf eq2=gamma:contrast:brightness:saturation:rg:gg:bg:weight"
option to tweak the image. But a bit more green seems to be standard in what I apply.

There was a bug in the Novatek SDK that kept us from adding contrast/brightness settings. Hopefully we can try adding those settings again in the near future.

Adjusting gama brings out dark details.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...h-more-details-from-night-video-footage.8255/

Well, the earlier versions of the SG9665GC did have contrast/brightness settings in the menu but that feature went away.

If there was a bug that keeps Street Guardian from adding that feature, why was it there originally? I have to assume it was indeed in the SDK for it to have appeared in the menu in the first place.

I guess it must have been problematic from the get-go, one way or another.

Would love to see it reintroduced with good functionality, but let's be honest about why we don't have that feature 14 months later.

From @USDashCamera's review of 5/1/15.
SG9665GC brightness-contrast.png

Last edited:
Well, the earlier versions of the SG9665GC did have contrast/brightness settings in the menu but that feature went away.

If there was a bug that keeps Street Guardian from adding that feature, why was it there originally? I have to assume it was indeed in the SDK for it to have appeared in the menu in the first place.

I guess it must have been problematic from the get-go, one way or another.

Would love to see it reintroduced with good functionality, but let's be honest about why we don't have that feature 14 months later.

From @USDashCamera's review of 5/1/15.
View attachment 24448

Now that the head Novatek engineers are finally listening to us they should be able to fix the SDK bug from last year if they haven't done so already.

Now that the head Novatek engineers are finally listening to us they should be able to fix the SDK bug from last year if they haven't done so already.

That feature appeared before I became an owner of the GC. What happened when you made adjustments in the brightness/contrast menu back then?

The system became unstable and we value reliability above all else

Of course, I appreciate that and knowing you and @jokiin that goes without saying, but as is often the case you kind of dodge the original question, "What happened when you made adjustments". Did they work at all or not? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

I only know the high level story Rick can give a better update in what's now possible. We definitely want to add/bring back what we can as long as it's stable.

I only know the high level story Rick can give a better update in what's now possible. We definitely want to add/bring back what we can as long as it's stable.

Thanks. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just curious about the history of this feature as it relates to the long term ongoing issues I've had, and still have, with the SG9665GC, as you know.

Of course, I appreciate that and knowing you and @jokiin that goes without saying, but as is often the case you kind of dodge the original question, "What happened when you made adjustments". Did they work at all or not? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

there was a specific combination of settings that if used caused the picture to disappear completely, we will look at revisiting this once we get some other changes out of the way, we were working with a different SDK at the time but it's not something we've had time to check in the current SDK to see if it can work as intended

there was a specific combination of settings that if used caused the picture to disappear completely, we will look at revisiting this once we get some other changes out of the way, we were working with a different SDK at the time but it's not something we've had time to check in the current SDK to see if it can work as intended

Thanks for the answer and explanation.

So what you're saying is, other **** took precedence? Not giving a hard time, just clarifying.

the V2 release is done already, have been holding off waiting for the V1 release but taking a bit longer than normal, the V2 release will probably be on our site sometime later today, our web guy is going into hospital for an operation tomorrow and will be out of action for two weeks so trying to get it updated today before he's off

regardless of that beta releases will continue as we have more stuff we're working on

Any update on posting the new V2 firmware?

Any update on posting the new V2 firmware?

my web guy didn't get it done, he's in hospital today, there's only a minor adjustment between it and the V22 version listed here though, you're not missing out on anything if you are running the version linked in the first post in this thread

This may well be a real issue: (0EV, LOW, WDR on)

This morning. It's actually spread over two files, you will find the links in private message

Back