SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

So I noticed that the only real difference in the SG9665GCv2 firmware version "SG20160809.V2" relative to "SG20160629.V2" according to the release notes is: "Bugfix G-Sensor initilisation process"

Is this fix important enough for me to flash up to "SG20160809.V2"? Or should I just wait for the next major release?

another version due this week so you may prefer to hold off a few days anyway

another version due this week so you may prefer to hold off a few days anyway
Hi @jokiin Will a newer version of the V1 firmware be released at the same time?

Hi @jokiin Will a newer version of the V1 firmware be released at the same time?

not the exact same time but assuming no problems with this next build we will do a V1 version of it which we will put out for any V1 owners to test and confirm also

Can we expect a public release of Beta this week, since it's Friday?

no, didn't get it finished before the holidays, will be early next week

Quick question... I inserted my sd card into my laptop I opened up the files and choose one file to copy and send it to a folder on my desk top. I then copied it to a CD . My question is.. why when its on the CD and I view it on the CD why is it a tiny bit blurry. The whole objection for insurance purposes is to be able to get a decent video copy. We all look at the playback on our laptop but when it has to be transferred to a CD its blurry. Ur SG plays back so clear on my laptop but only when I try to copy it on a CD its not so great its acceptable but not great. For playback I use Apples Movie & Tv viewer

Quick question... I inserted my sd card into my laptop I opened up the files and choose one file to copy and send it to a folder on my desk top. I then copied it to a CD . My question is.. why when its on the CD and I view it on the CD why is it a tiny bit blurry. The whole objection for insurance purposes is to be able to get a decent video copy. We all look at the playback on our laptop but when it has to be transferred to a CD its blurry. Ur SG plays back so clear on my laptop but only when I try to copy it on a CD its not so great its acceptable but not great. For playback I use Apples Movie & Tv viewer
I think everyone should practice copying it on a CD for the insurance company. Not just looking at it on a playback from the sd card on ur pc. See how it shows up.

I think everyone should practice copying it on a CD for the insurance company. Not just looking at it on a playback from the sd card on ur pc. See how it shows up.
Just an update to above.. I copied it to a micro sd and it is perfect so maybe that's the way to go

I suspect your CD/DVD burning software was probably trying to convert the file to a standard DVD format, and losing quality in the process. If you burn just the file to the dvd, as a data dvd, it should be an exact digital copy of the original.

Just a guess, and possible solution.

Mike

I suspect your CD/DVD burning software was probably trying to convert the file to a standard DVD format, and losing quality in the process. If you burn just the file to the dvd, as a data dvd, it should be an exact digital copy of the original....
Agree. I was just going to post the same thing.

when you burn to disc create a data disc not a movie disc and it will be the same as what you get when copied to hard drive or USB

I suspect your CD/DVD burning software was probably trying to convert the file to a standard DVD format, and losing quality in the process. If you burn just the file to the dvd, as a data dvd, it should be an exact digital copy of the original.

Just a guess, and possible solution.

Mike
Thanks

when you burn to disc create a data disc not a movie disc and it will be the same as what you get when copied to hard drive or USB
Thanks for the reply

1080p video was probably being downscaled to 480p. Yuck!

If you want me pretesting, fine. But I can wait.

If you want me pretesting, fine. But I can wait.

haven't seen any stability issues but there's some changes that I didn't have time to check myself before I got on a plane and I haven't had any feedback from the other testers as yet with any further feedback

Back