SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Will the average/ full frame be tweaked aswell?

I've upgraded to the latest beta. Would videos from that tree lined stretch be of any help?

not sure about that, not familiar with the terminology you are using to describe
Ah, sorry.
Well, mean should be self exploratory, it's the average intensity of the image.

stdev is the standard deviation, a measure of the spread in intensity values
Kurtosis and skewness are also measures for spread but are higher order.
Kurtosis tells you if values are in the center or in the tails of the histogram.
Skewness tells you someting about the symmetry of the histogram.

any adjustment at this stage is probably quite minimal and probably needs more of a fixed test environment to make a judgement call, camera movement, different lighting etc make it hard to pick in your examples, I need to check with the engineer exactly what adjustment they have done in this build and go from there

I've upgraded to the latest beta. Would videos from that tree lined stretch be of any help?

I guess, not.
-------------

If there's anything in particular that needs to be observed, I'm glad to help..

Last edited:
I guess not.
-------------

If there's anything in particular that needs to be observed, I'm glad to help..

you can try the low cut option to see if any difference noted in that tree lined street, I don't think it should look too much different for your car from the center weighted setting results, it might do for the guys with darker cars though, the difference will be a lot different to the previous low cut setting but I don't think you were using that anyway

Haven't used low-cut till now. Going to give it a try, will report if I find anything worth mention.

Well, mean should be self exploratory, it's the average intensity of the image.

stdev is the standard deviation, a measure of the spread in intensity values
Kurtosis and skewness are also measures for spread but are higher order.
Kurtosis tells you if values are in the center or in the tails of the histogram.
Skewness tells you someting about the symmetry of the histogram.
WOW!! I haven't heard these terms all used at the same time in the last 40 years - when I was developing S/W to do statistical analysis of academic examinations. :eek:

I get carried away sometimes...:oops:

What is being done about white blowouts? Espicially white vehicles...it's obvious on alot of videos including those from @Dashmellow and me.

Feel free to share more raw video samples of those specific scenarios you recorded using the latest firmware so we can continue sharing with the engineers. (Not single frame screen shots) Mega.nz is the preferred sharing method since it's China firewall friendly.

Last edited:
Although weather here has changed and I can't really compare the the bright blue skies of last week, I believe the Low cut on beta 27 is working very well!

What is being done about white blowouts? Espicially white vehicles...it's obvious on alot of videos including those from @Dashmellow and me.

if you have raw sample video would help, @Dashmellow doesn't have great internet access so isn't able to upload much, the more samples we can get the better

Although weather here has changed and I can't really compare the the bright blue skies of last week, I believe the Low cut on beta 27 is working very well!

thanks for that, hopefully heading in the right direction with the changes :)

Found blue skies!

Back