SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

The new medium setting seems pretty good. This should keep the extra loud music users happy that don't mind sacrificing the default High (maximum sensitivity) normally used setting to pickup faint conversations etc. Its good the option is there to try and please everyone :)
Low Medium High or mute. Take your pick

what's your thoughts on the recorded volume level at medium?
I like it. I think it's just the right balance. It can still pick up external sounds without the music being overpowering. The mic does seems to pick up low end more than the higher frequencies. Could be a touch clearer in the high end and perhaps less bassy but that's just me being picky.

I think I should really begin to think about an update from my V1 original software...
But I follow the motto, "ain't broke, don't fix". Until there is a compelling functionality addition.

Sound is not an issue, as my cam's filter touches the glass, and not aiming high enough still, all I get is vibrations and motor noises.

So i just checked my card to see some footage and i noticed that there was no data written to the card 4 days after updating the firmware on january 12th. So i updated the firmware (image quality changes) on january 12th and on the 16th it quit recording. The weird thing is that the screen still showed recording every day. It wasn't until i tried to view footage that i saw that there were 2 bad files and the card was full of old footage. I purchased a PNY 32gb class 10 to replace the transcend. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I have beta 5 on there now. I applied the firmware, reset the camera and I formatted the card inside of the dashcam.

also make sure you don't have the auto power off setting turned off
Updated to latest front and back. thanks for the auto power off setting, i may have missed that.

The new medium setting seems pretty good. This should keep the extra loud music users happy that don't mind sacrificing the default High (maximum sensitivity) normally used setting to pickup faint conversations etc. Its good the option is there to try and please everyone :)
Low Medium High or mute. Take your pick
Is the 'High' setting the same as what the default sensitivity was before the F/W option was added?

I have noticed on your website that you have an update posted for 26th Jan.

Looking at the zip, the CRC and date of the bin for Update 2 is exactly the same as beta 5.

As I am on beta 5 is there any reason to update, or was beta 5 released as updated 2, no changes?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back