SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

I have noticed on your website that you have an update posted for 26th Jan.

Looking at the zip, the CRC and date of the bin for Update 2 is exactly the same as beta 5.

As I am on beta 5 is there any reason to update, or was beta 5 released as updated 2, no changes?

beta 5 became the release 2 version, no need to change, next update probably some time in the next week

Last week , I took my memory card out of my cam because I would like to check on some footage.

It appeared that all my PC and laptop could not recognize my memory card. So,I had no idea when the memory card said bye bye to me.

I inserted the card back to dashcam and formatted, yup it was formatted. And it looked like dash cam was working normally, Record light was blinking normally.

I took the card back to my laptop , ...... Nothing was detected.

For sure, my memory card was dead.

I would like to recommend the firmware team to pay more attention on this situation. My dashcam keep working normally with the dead card.
PS, my dashcam is running with latest firmware from official streetguardian website.

Best,

It was kingston 32gb. It was working normaly for almost a year.
It's hard to know when a card is going to fail so checking regularly is important

Sounds like it's still within warranty though so should be able to get it replaced for you if you can get us the details, purchase info etc and we can follow up

It's hard to know when a card is going to fail so checking regularly is important

Sounds like it's still within warranty though so should be able to get it replaced for you if you can get us the details, purchase info etc and we can follow up

My dashcam is ok but my card just said good bye.

I have just got my new transcend 64gb . ^0^

In my personal opinion as a user, I expect the dashcam to make some warning sound when there is something wrong with the card. From my situation, i will never know the issue if I did not take my card to check with my computer. Nothing is more serious than not having the footage when needed.

my experience to share.....
1.Once I put my brandnew 64gb transcend into the dashcam..... It did not boot up.
2. Put into my laptop... Format with my MS windows (default fat32) .... My dashcam did not boot up again ....
3. Format with MS windows again(this time is select exFat)... My dashcam boot up but show card error ..... Just go to menu and format card again.... Bingo! It is working like magic

Depends how the card failed as to how (or if) you can generate an error message, regular checking is still recommended to be safe

64GB cards and above come formatted ExFAT from the factory.
(32GB cards come already FAT32)

You have to format 64, 128, or 200gb cards at least once in the camera so they are converted to FAT32. The following error message with a fresh large card is normal. Here is the process.

Have you tried reviewing footage from the camera?

If the camera can record to it, it should be able to play it back. Could just be an issue with the card reader and PC.

I often have to unplug and re-plug the reader in to my PC as it does not recognise the SD card first (or 2nd) time. It tends to be more reliable, if I plug the reader in to the PC without SD card, then insert SD card.

Have you tried reviewing footage from the camera?

If the camera can record to it, it should be able to play it back. Could just be an issue with the card reader and PC.

I often have to unplug and re-plug the reader in to my PC as it does not recognise the SD card first (or 2nd) time. It tends to be more reliable, if I plug the reader in to the PC without SD card, then insert SD card.

Dashcam cannot access any footage. But it is weird that dashcam can format the card and during my driving, the record light is blinking normally.

Just recieved my SG9665GC v2 with SG20160125.V2 firmware.
Is there a newer version and if there is should I keep the installed version if everything is working fine after road testing.

stick with that version for the moment, there's a beta out but we should have another update sometime next week with a couple of changes and a small bugfix

I haven't had a lot of feedback on it yet so interested to know what people think, if we need further tuning of the levels etc
Is there a difference in the audio hardware (microphone, etc.) between the V1 and V2 cameras?

I was playing a bit today with the V2 audio levels (HIGH,MED,LOW) and my sense is the HIGH level on the V2 is lower than the audio level of the V1 - thus my question. I have not done a side-by-side of the V2 vs V1 other than having one of each (front/rear) in my car so that's not a valid compare. It may be the V2 does more filtering of 'background noise' giving the impression of a lower overall level but that's just speculation on my part. I say that because, again in my car, the V1 seems to pick up more that type of audio.

mics are the same, we will be adding the volume settings to the V1 firmware also and may need to do some fine tuning still

mics are the same, we will be adding the volume settings to the V1 firmware also and may need to do some fine tuning still
OK. Maybe this coming week I'll try to set up a true side-by-side with a V1 and V2.

Hi, quick question. Everything has been working great. I did a reformat a day or two ago and everything looks really blue. Did I muck up a setting somehow? Gonna format the card and try again.

Check the exposure setting (usually 0/0 from memory ) - otherwise worth trying to reset the camera to factory defaults and see if that helps?

Back