SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

all the end user video from the Blackvue I've seen looks just like that so I don't really have any reason to doubt @alexsoll

Also Alexsoll is the one responsible for the custom firmware that was available for all the previous Blackvue models so I think he knows the product quite well

Last edited:
I don't believe that's the case, @alexsoll would be able to confirm but from what I know all tests he does are with everything at the default settings
Yes, that's right

well heres a comparison with a DR500GW-HD.

well here's a comparison with a DR500GW-HD.

the argument I keep hearing is the DR500GW-HD is an older model which I thought was fair to say as things do advance as new models are released, I was a bit surprised though that even the hardware was updated on the newer models the results aren't really all that different, I actually expected they would have improved things more than they have

it would be handy on the support page https://streetguardian.info/support if everything had a date and version next to it like

SG9665GC - Firmware update V2.3.4.5 Date 12th May 2017 - existing firmware versions SG20xxxxxx.002 »
SG9665GC user manual Date 14th Jan 1965

if you know what I mean, that will tell people who don't visit regularly that it was updated. like if I visit every 3 months that website and not the forum at all and I know I last visited in august 2015 and the website displays latest firmware dates 26th January 2016 then I know I can update where as if it still said firmware dates of 14th January 2015 there would be no doubt in my mind theres no newer version.

@ Wozzzzza I like your suggestion, that would be such a help for me. Hope you don't mind me making another suggestion, could you cut out 3 of the Zs in your name as I have to count them when typing your name and 2 only would be so much easier on my old eyes , ( only joking ) :D

@ Wozzzzza I like your suggestion, that would be such a help for me. Hope you don't mind me making another suggestion, could you cut out 3 of the Zs in your name as I have to count them when typing your name and 2 only would be so much easier on my old eyes , ( only joking ) :D
just remember to press the Z key 5 times.

Thanks for confirming the RTC battery gets recharged Pier28 (and holds about a month offline), I nearly stupidly posted a thread after coming back from holidays after finding my date/time reset (a good 8 weeks holiday :p)

Apologies if already answered but can firmware updates be done from a second SD card thereby leaving journey files untouched?

Apologies if already answered but can firmware updates be done from a second SD card thereby leaving journey files untouched?
Yes, you can do FW update by using other memory card.

sorry for the late reply, my firmware version is SG20150305.002

just bare in mind you have v1 production, so you have to use v1 firmware.

Received my SG9665GCV2 a couple of days ago. Flashed the beta and recorded this. Radio was pretty loud. I set the audio level to Medium as the music was too loud on High.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back