SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

It is too bad the GC and many other dashcams dont have alarms for when the camera is not recording, it should scream like a pig in that case and only stop when the car or camera is powered off.

we have that upcoming in some newer product where the chipset supports such annoyances that can ensure people are aware if there's an issue

excellent, like the blackspew, repeats itself when there no SD card, I went out the other day and forgot to put the card in one of the cameras I wanted to test settings on, got home, went to take the card out and crap, wasn't one in there.

I've really been liking the new settings. I have been using the following with great results in my 50/50 sunlight/darkness driving the past few weeks:
AE: Lowcut
EV: +1/3

I think the two channel models will be in demand.
It'll save you money ;)
We will wait for news from the manufacturer...

Whats the status of that new firmware? Been almost a week and a half.

Hi all, I'm completely new to this. StreetGuardianUSA told me that a "very nice V1 firmware" would probably come out in a week. I purchased my SG9665GC (V1?) November of last year and am really pleased with everything, really. Is there any particular reason I should upgrade firmware? If I'll get a bump in IQ in certain situations, I'll definitely take it. I'm having trouble navigating this large thread - what's going to appear on the new firmware changelog?

Thanks

Last edited:
Just upgraded to beta 27 (turns out I had V2). I do appreciate the extra features. Will be playing with AE settings soon. For some reason, I was only able to perform the firmware upgrade per instructions on a Windows machine. No luck on Linux. Must have something to do with the permissions?

Just upgraded to beta 27 (turns out I had V2). I do appreciate the extra features. Will be playing with AE settings soon. For some reason, I was only able to perform the firmware upgrade per instructions on a Windows machine. No luck on Linux. Must have something to do with the permissions?

Linux, file name and extension need to be in all caps. We'll update the update instructions to reflect this soon.

I had the same problem yes, rename it to all caps works like a charm, but:
Why do you not release the firmware with 'SGGCV2.BIN' instead of 'SGCCV2.bin'?

Since it's a case sensitivity issue I wouldn't expect issues on caseinsensitive OS's.

But probably best to leave the renaming up to the penguins, yes. ;)

Back