SG9665GC stops recording

freudious

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do a lot of long distance traveling and have a problem with the SG9665GC stopping the recording process for no reason. It doesnt happen every time but it happens often. The June firmware would cause the camera to occasionally stop recording after about an hour. I tried formatting the SD card in my computer and had the SG9665GC format the card but had the problem regardless. I tried a couple of different SD cards and still had the issue.

I read about the file handling bug and thought maybe this was the cause so I rolled back to the March firmware. Things were working better until my last trip which was a longer trip. I formatted the SD card in the SG9665GC went on my trip but I noticed when the card got full it quit recording and didnt loop. I unplugged the lighter. Plugged it back in and the SG9665GC told me the "card was full" Anybody have any idea whats going on here? I just want this thing to record and when the card gets full loop over and record over the oldest files. It does that about 4 out of 5 times but that 5th time it stops recording at some point.

Hi, which Memory card are you using? 32GB or 64GB? Which power supply are you using, supplied cigarette or hard wire kit? When you rolled back to the March firmware did you do a factory defaults in the menu?

Exactly the same problem. Found 2 week ago. (Never did it before after received replacement)

I thought the problem in the cigarette plug cable, but after checking it was not the cable or connection to the registrator.

Red recording led blinks all the way, but no records at all or partial records. This does not always happen, can once or twice a week.

For example, my one way trip to the work approximately 1.30 hours, recorded only 12 min, but back to home - full 1.30 min recorded. Or, during the day I had several trips (ex. 5), but recorded 1, 2, 4 and 5, skipped the trip 3.

(march firmware, card 32 GB which was with SG9665GC, cards formatted in the registrator, factory default, cigarette plug cable)

Tried other cards such as 64GB Trident, 64GB SanDisk Extreme, PNY 32GB

Please advice.

Exactly the same problem. Found 2 week ago. (Never did it before after received replacement)

I thought the problem in the cigarette plug cable, but after checking it was not the cable or connection to the registrator.

Red recording led blinks all the way, but no records at all or partial records. This does not always happen, can once or twice a week.

For example, my one way trip to the work approximately 1.30 hours, recorded only 12 min, but back to home - full 1.30 min recorded. Or, during the day I had several trips (ex. 5), but recorded 1, 2, 4 and 5, skipped the trip 3.

(march firmware, card 32 GB which was with SG9665GC, cards formatted in the registrator, factory default, cigarette plug cable)

Tried other cards such as 64GB Trident, 64GB SanDisk Extreme, PNY 32GB

Please advice.

I'll send you a PM with a plan of action. (check your inbox shortly)

No, it's hybrid

ok, not familiar but this might be a similar issue we get to cars with stop/start function when idle, when it changes over it causes a problem, in those case we need a 3 wire power supply to keep the power constant during the change, I'll talk to @Pier28 about it as there may be some other steps needed to sort this out for you

in those case we need a 3 wire power supply to keep the power constant during the change

This is my second SG9665GC from you guys. First one have had sound problems and has been replaced, but never with video. I don't think that the problem with wire power supply. My car works the same as regular cars and cigarette plug power starts with car and stops with car.

This is my second SG9665GC from you guys. First one have had sound problems and has been replaced, but never with video. I don't think that the problem with wire power supply. My car works the same as regular cars and cigarette plug power starts with car and stops with car.

if the power doesn't interrupt when changing from electric to gasoline than it should be fine, on some vehicles there's an interrupt that we need to use different power supply for, anyway Jon will follow up with you and we'll get it sorted

what card are you using now, is it on the March firmware?

This happened on an ADATA 32GB class 10 using March firmware. I formatted the card in the SG9665GC before using it. My power supply is car USB cable that came with dashcam.

Hi guys. I got the similar issue with March firmware. I drive Hyundai Santa Fe 2014, I use an original 32 Gb card, power source is car cigarrete plug but during trip at least 2 videofiles are empty there is no video at all. And of course, card was formatted before.
Anybody have any clues how to fix it?
Thank you

Can you elaborate on the empty files, when does that occur, any pattern, what size are those files etc?

In a next few days I'll try to provide you this information.

Back