SG9665GC V3 keeps "reformatting" itself periodically & endlessly?

I didn't purchase it from that email, thats the email I used for the purchase the item with. The seller was "street_guardian" per the screenshot....

IMG_1290 (1).jpg

I didn't purchase it from that email, thats the email I used for the purchase the item with. The seller was "street_guardian" per the screenshot....

Ah I see, sorry for interpreting your reply wrong. I thought you said you bought it from a company with the goldenentertainment name. A replacement is no problem, I'll let you know here to send it back so I can take care of you.

I've only sold 4 or 5 refurbished GC's total in the last year so guess this was the one bad one.

I can't wait to tell my wife she isn't an electronics expert :oops:

Whoops sorry, again I thought that was the seller. I don't see any electronics products for sale. (assumed incorrectly) I actually see quite a few electric components for sale when I scroll down more.
Your original eBay order was from May 2017

Whoops sorry, again I thought that was the seller. I don't see any electronics products for sale. (assumed incorrectly) I actually see quite a few electric components for sale when I scroll down more.
Your original eBay order was from May 2017
All good. The order was May 2017 but I start posting on this issue at the end of May in this thread. This kind of issue was a pain since it isn't something that is repeatable on command and would happen whenever the hell it would want it to. The process just took a lot longer to test out all the scenarios since it's try this, see if issue returns, try this, see if issue returns, try this, see if issues returns and ok, did all we could.

My trusty V2 has developed Bootloop/Continuous Reboot problem from this week. It just continuously tries to boot and never goes into record mode. I use 64GB Sandisk and Transcend cards. Here is what I have tried till now hoping, for a fix :

* The same nature of the problem persists with or without the card inserted into the Camera. That is , it continuously loops even without any card inserted.
* I have tried using 2 different 64 GB Sandisk , 1 64 GB Transcend and the original 32 Gb Sandisk (that came in the box) without success.
* For the 64 GD Sandisks , I have even run Full Write format using
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
and then tested both out using h2wtest downloaded from: https://streetguardian.info/support. Cards check out totally ok.
* With the freshly formatted cards , "Format card" message appears , then when I select Ok , "Please Wait" dialog appears for possibly a micro second and the camera tries to reboot again.
* I am not sure of the current version I am using as I am unable to get to that screen.
* I have not tried to download the latest version and upload it for fear of bricking the camera totally in case the operation does not complete.
* The serial number for the unit is SGGC B15531235 , using it since Aug 2016. Purchased through Amazon.com from Pier28

Anything else I can try to bring it back to life ?

I’d try updating the firmware to see if that recovers it.

Which power supply are you using? Can you test another mini usb power source?

Worst case I can probably hook you up with a steeply discounted replacement since I used to work at Pier28 as an employee before starting up Street Guardian USA late 2016. Send me a private message.

jokiin , will try the firmware reflash over the weekend and get back.

Street Guardian USA , I am using the original supply that came with it , powered from a Cigarette lighter outlet. Tested an alternate mini USB power source as well , same issue. Will send you a PM , thanks for the offer.

Tried , unfortunately did not work. After Firmware load was complete, the camera booted up and then immediately rebooted again.. Since the card had the bin file in it the firmware load started all over! I had to manually disconnect power as soon as the welcome screen came up. This unit seems to be a dead horse now.

Is this a hardware or a software issue ?

Street Guardian - I have sent you a PM.

The only Sandisk cards that are solid are their High Endurance white cards.

Samsung EVO Select is the recommended 256GB card. (The green one)

Is the red Evo Plus 256 GB any good with the SG9665GC V3?

61gYHhe61lL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Should be fine if it’s shipped and sold by amazon. Avoid third party sellers to minimum chance for imitation / fakes. The Green one is best sold by Amazon.

Back