SG9665GC V3 keeps "reformatting" itself periodically & endlessly?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Correct, only when it starts. It will show a blue background with the text asking to format. I have to shut the cam off and turn it back on and most of the times it'll just start working then. It's pretty damn annoying and I just don't want it to fail on me when I need it the most.
what firmware version are you on now?

Country
United States
If it happens let me know if formatting when prompted works or you need to power off and back on before it will work
I was on vacation for a couple of weeks so couldn't test it a bunch. This morning same thing happened again with the new version. It asked to format on start up. I have to turn off the dashcam and turn it back on for it to work.

Country
United States
what card are you using now?

what setting are you using in the boot delay menu?

are you using the original power supply?
1. Transcend premium 64gb. Tried on the Transcend and a samsung(worked fine on a prior dashcam) before I did the version update.
2. I'm assuming whatever default is? Will have to check when I get a chance to.
3. Yes

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
Cranking up boot delay to the max setting might be a good idea, something seem to be tripping that camera during boot.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
download this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ (whichever version suits your computer operating system and do a full format of the card to put everything back to factory state, after you've done that format the card in the camera before use, if you use the card in your computer, tablet etc to view files make sure to format the card each time when you put it back in the camera

set the boot delay to 15 seconds and see how it goes, the slight interruption to power when starting the car can cause problems in some cases, a longer boot delay will often sort this out

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Using the formatter first and then installed the card with the new version file, uploaded it to the dashcam and then formatted the card on the dashcam
make sure when formatting cards to not use the built in formatter in Windows, it doesn't format cards correctly, if you have a card that is having problems best to do a full format using SD Formatter to put it back to its default state, a quick format only resets the partition table and won't correct any errors or mark any problem sectors on the card

see how you go with the extended boot delay though as it could be a car related issue due to power drop during the boot cycle