SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

Just finished my install with hardwire kit today and updated to the most recent firmware, 1.33. I have yet to do but some stationary testing but it seems parking mode is functioning based on what I saw on the card. That said, with the three wire kit is there a way to disable in the camera settings for times when it is not necessary (my vehicle lives in a garage). Also, when I pause recordings to go into the menu I get constant beeping which I don’t remember my old camera giving me. Is this normal functioning to just let me know recording has ceased or is there an underlying issue?

Just finished my install with hardwire kit today and updated to the most recent firmware, 1.33. I have yet to do but some stationary testing but it seems parking mode is functioning based on what I saw on the card. That said, with the three wire kit is there a way to disable in the camera settings for times when it is not necessary (my vehicle lives in a garage). Also, when I pause recordings to go into the menu I get constant beeping which I don’t remember my old camera giving me. Is this normal functioning to just let me know recording has ceased or is there an underlying issue?

you can manually power off the camera when you don't want parking mode, you can't do that unless it is in parking mode first, make sure you have selected the 3 wire option under power input in the settings menu also

the beeps when recording stops is normal, it's there to alert you that it's not recording

Thank you for the prompt reply. SG customer service is the reason I purchased my second new camera system within a year span.

Because I don’t require parking mode 90% of the time is it advisable to simply select the shortest record duration (5 minutes I believe) in case I don’t remember to manually turn the camera off after every trip? I probably could even get away with disconnecting the constant power and simply running the camera off accessory power, but liked the prospect of having parking mode at certain times.

if the majority of time you don't need it then running a shorter time is more practical, I generally use 30 minutes as it covers the times when I need to use it and isn't sitting there working away for no reason, garage at home, parked at office etc

30 minutes are probably also what i would use long term, that cover all my shopping and at home i have CCTV on the car so no need for parking guard from the dashcam there.
And those 1-2 times every year where i do need longer time, i can just go into the camera and select that.

Installed 1.33, formatted my card afterwards, set it to 6 hour shutdown timer, 5 fps, 3 wire parking, voltage cutoff was 12.2V and about 2 minutes of parking mode footage was recorded

Installed 1.33, formatted my card afterwards, set it to 6 hour shutdown timer, 5 fps, 3 wire parking, voltage cutoff was 12.2V and about 2 minutes of parking mode footage was recorded
I'm still on 1.34T and I've found that today it seems to have cut off within an hour. I should probably check the battery voltage

I'm still on 1.34T and I've found that today it seems to have cut off within an hour. I should probably check the battery voltage

please update to the version posted in the beta thread, there are still some known issues with the version you are using

have just added updated version to the beta thread
Installed the new 1.33 update from beta thread. Did not see any difference, getting short 2-3 minute parking lapse and then unit is shutting off.

try setting it lower, the voltage at your fuse panel can be lower than at the battery already so you may hit 12.2v reasonably quickly, particularly if it's a smaller battery
I'll set it to the lowest it can go. I have a 2017 Civic EX-T so the battery should be relatively new. Wasn't aware that the voltages could differ in different places in the car like that.

I'm not sure if this is firmware, 3 wire or something else related but I have just been out today for a few hours. Powered it on via my switch. Camera starts up and flashes red. Parked a few times drove a few times.

Just got home to look at the parking files but I can't see any files from today at all, only yesterday and previous days

Back