SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

anywhere from 15 minutes to 1.75 hours when set to 3 hours

I made a mistake yesterday, when I was running 6 hour shutdown and 5fps, I was actually on 12.4V (no parking mode footage). I correctly set it to 12.2V today with the same settings and have parking mode footage for 6 hours. Tomorrow I'll try 12 hours (although I'll only be parked for about 8)

i will put the battery charger on it tonight just to rule out low battery voltage.

Not expecting much i just remembered the Rhundo splitter have a Volt gauge, so took a look at my values first in acc only and then charging.
I might need to get a new battery to replace the 6 year old one that came with the car, winter will probably not make my values better.

IMG_20180907_141104.jpg
IMG_20180907_141133.jpg

Checked footage for 12 hour shutdown, 5 fps with 12.2V, I parked at 6:40am and left at 3:30pm and I have parking footage for the entire duration. If I get the chance I'll try letting it sit for a full 12 hours for parking mode but I feel pretty good knowing I have parking footage for the duration I'm at work

Yep I am still having the issue of the camera powering off after around 3 minutes in parking mode

i will know tonight if i still have that issue, battery is at 100% voltage after charging all night, so that will rule out low voltage today.

no not yet, will do soon if still have this issue. pain in the ass to get to. but tomorrow will be done if this problem continues.

ok cool, yeah i see now. i am not very well today, reading not very well either. im stuffed.

well fuk me drunk. since charging the battery last night it has been working perfectly all day, turning off after 3 hours twice now and not turned off any earlier than set.
i had no idea my battery was getting that low.

only had a timer that would keep running 2.75 hours no matter what the battery voltage was.

Back