SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

Thanks for the input everyone. I did notice after YouTube allowed me to switch to 1080p the video did seem more "normal" and the shadowing seem to be very minimal. I sent raw footage to @Street Guardian USA and @jokiin for a comparison and input to the quality of my footage. The daytime video seems a bit grainy and we are diagnosing the problem. I can't stress enough how responsive and friendly they both have been and helpful. This seems to me more of a dirty windshield problem at the moment.

Last edited:
yes you really have to be on the ball with cleaning the window.

so today I wanted to test the G-sensor while the SG is on parking mode. I jumped on the slider and rocked the car heavily ... Nothing. No pictures stored. I did this twice. No alert.

Is this feature on? Anybody tested this?

You would need a significant impact for it to trigger a save. rocking back-and-forth is probably not the same thing as an impact. It Also depends if G-Sensor set to Low Medium or High.

Gotcha. Interesting ...mine is set to high sensitivity.

So this renders door dents virtually undetectable. Even regular parking-lot bumper hits too...

I can't wait for the upcoming parking mode features. Being able to partition g-sensor videos in parking mode is on my wish list. So far so good my sg9663dc has been working flawlessly as has the hardwire kit.

Rocking the car is unlikely to set it off even on higher settings, needs to be jarred rather than rocked, there are some further changes coming up for parking mode though, we're working on that now

Awesome... (y)

I kicked the rear wheel on my car "hard" trying to set off the B1W G-sensor, and i was amazed to find that it did actually trigger a event on that camera.
And i was just wearing sneakers so it is limited how hard you can kick a steel wheel and not hurt yourself.
Same camera i still use G sensor on and it is damn rare i can get it to trigger from just my driving style that can at times be "frisky"
I just tested the G sensor on my DC on high setting and found my driving style also find it hard to set off a event, but i don't have a HW kit so i have not been using that feature in a parked mode.

Only tried G sensor once before on my Lukas back in the day, and i found that camera even with custom trigger values for X Y Z axis it still made a event or 2 on my drives.

Hello. I just had my camera installed yesterday. They also installed the hard wiring kit for parking mode. When I got home I went and updated the firmware according to the directions. This included resetting the date again after formatting the card.

My question is based on the understanding that the camera will now be back to 2-wire configuration by default? I didn't reset all factory settings because I read it would automatically do that. Should I have switched it back to 3? If it's still on 2 does that mean it recorded my drive this morning but won't do anything now that it's parked?

Can anyone tell me how to confirm whether or not my parking mode is working?

Thanks for helping a newb!!

For parking mode to work you need to select from the menu the "3 wire" option.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Hello. I just had my camera installed yesterday. They also installed the hard wiring kit for parking mode. When I got home I went and updated the firmware according to the directions. This included resetting the date again after formatting the card.

My question is based on the understanding that the camera will now be back to 2-wire configuration by default? I didn't reset all factory settings because I read it would automatically do that. Should I have switched it back to 3? If it's still on 2 does that mean it recorded my drive this morning but won't do anything now that it's parked?

Can anyone tell me how to confirm whether or not my parking mode is working?

Thanks for helping a newb!!

if you have the 3 wire hardwire kit (installed and wired correctly) and you update the firmware it will revert to 2 wire, you need to set it to 3 wire or the camera won't turn on when you start the car

if you have the 3 wire hardwire kit (installed and wired correctly) and you update the firmware it will revert to 2 wire, you need to set it to 3 wire or the camera won't turn on when you start the car

Thank you for the response. The camera does turn on and I was able to update the firmware (I believe... I wasn't able to get a version # to confirm). The camera turns on when I start the car and records as intended, I believe.

So I'll have to go in and switch back to 3 wire. Is there any way I can confirm it was installed correctly?

Every time I update the firmware will I need to go in a switch from the 2 wire setting to the 2?

Every firmware update, settings are reset to factory defaults. The factory default for “power input” is 2-wire.

You’ll need to long press the power button until it turns on. Change power input back to 3-wire

Every firmware update, settings are reset to factory defaults. The factory default for “power input” is 2-wire.

You’ll need to long press the power button until it turns on. Change power input back to 3-wire

It powers on by itself when the car starts. I'm just realizing that I don't know how to confirm whether the 3rd wire is working or not. I've inadvertently had it turned off as I updated the firmware a didn't switch it back to 3.

2005 Toyota Camry uses mini ATOs. The ground was the hardest part, I ended up using one of the bolts on the door to get a solid return path.

Hi all,

I would like to hard wire this dash cam into my 2008 BMW e92 335d. I was wondering which types of fuse taps I would need for my car? I only plan to use the dash cam when driving and not in parking mode.

Back