SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

the timestamp in file view is based on the time the recording finished
Ahh..I see. Wouldn't that mean though that the clip time frame from start to finish would be 10 minutes and not 2 minutes?

no File size for regular recordings will be what you set it to, bar the last recording that might end only 1 minute or whatever into it depending on your timing.

What jokiin mean the file names for the individual recordings will be according to the files end time, so say you set off on a drive on 12_11_2018_12_00_00, then that fist file recorded ( assuming 3 minutes used ) will be named 12_11_2018_12_03_00

Ahh...now that makes sense. So regardless of the file size/time frame whether it be 2 minutes or 5 minutes (as an example) the firmware of the camera uses the standard time as the end of the cycle. So, in reality, nothing is missed.

Ahh...now that makes sense. So regardless of the file size/time frame whether it be 2 minute or 5 minutes (as an example) the firmware of the camera uses the standard time as the end of the cycle. So, in reality, nothing is missed.

correct, if you look at your normal recordings it's the same deal, file name shows when files end

I'm loving this camera so far. I'm trying to upload some footage on my YouTube channel as we speak. I'll post a link once it's uploaded.

Remember you can play around with the camera just as much as you like, there are a reset to default in the menu so you cant ruin anything that cant be redone.

I'm loving this camera so far. I'm trying to upload some footage on my YouTube channel as we speak. I'll post a link once it's uploaded.
its great playing around with quality isnt it compared to them blackspews that are just an overpriced kids toy.

I actually liked the video quality of my blackvue. I think both cameras have their strong points, but for me, the 9663dc is just a better choice for me.

I wanted to post a quick video sample of the front facing camera from this mornings drive to work. I noticed some strange shadowing at the top of the camera when no light is detected. Almost like a black shade is being pulled over the camera until light is detected. Is that normal for sg cams?

I see you are down in TX (y) i nurture a little Texan deep down inside of me, though he often try to burst out when things get too Danish for my liking.
In your video at times it look as if the shape of your headlight change as if you have active headlight geometry, but i don't think your ride have that so it is probably just a matter of what exposure timing and ISO value the camera choose to use at the given time.

Testing dashcams for a while i have often been confused by them.
Some days i set off from home on a pretty bleak day and think surely i am not going to get many captures of plates today when i get out on the 80 KMH highway, and then wouldn't you know i actually get a fair deal of those.
Only the next day in similar conditions, then i get almost none and i go WTF ????? its the same weather and same route as yesterday.
I now believe that dashcams in some cases are able to choose less fortunate settings to record with, not often but still thats the feeling i have gotten after using dashcams since 2011.

Last edited:
I see you are down in TX (y) i nurture a little Texan deep down inside of me, though he often try to burst out when things get too Danish for my liking.
In your video at times it look as if the shape of your headlight change as if you have active headlight geometry, but i don't think your ride have that so it is probably just a matter of what exposure timing and ISO value the camera choose to use at the given time.

Testing dashcams for a while i have often been confused by them.
Some days i set off from home on a pretty bleak day and think surely i am not going to get many captures of plates today when i get out on the 80 KMH highway, and then wouldn't you know i actually get a fair deal of those.
Only the next day in similar conditions, then i get almost none and i go WTF ????? its the same weather and same route as yesterday.
I now believe that dashcams in some cases are able to choose less fortunate settings to record with, not often but still thats the feeling i have gotten after using dashcams since 2011.
Lol, yes sir. I'm in South Texas where it's smoldering hot most of the year.

Taking another look at my video, it seems like after changing to 1080p the video is much more clear and the shadowing is gone giving a normal appearance while being played. Maybe it was to early and I forgot to manually switch to 1080p for viewing. The video actually looks quite good considering the glare my dash gives off.

Im coming as soon as the lotto goods take pity on me, i want to spend some months getting under the skin of those "crazy" Americans,,,, and see the sites of course.

Nice. I don't think i have seen parking mode time lapse from the DC before.

I dont think Denmark have a single place where you can park under a road, though we are small potatoes here we have enough room that we don't need to stack our roads. :giggle:

EDIY : just been wearing my thinking cap, and remembered one place.
The bridge on which the E45 motorway cross the Fjord at the town called Vejle, it have a little road on both the south and north side of the fjord so i assume you can park under the bridge.

yes i see no reason for why you should not be able to park on the north side, the south side do have lines indicating no parking.

https://www.google.dk/maps/@55.7060...QzOJmt7imr_i8Epfyv2g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=da

Last edited:
@nrvous1 If you look at the "shadowing" and the lighting, you'll see the connection. The darkening happens over the entire picture just as you hit the highest light levels of the streetlights above. It's the cam responding to the 'excessive' light input it sees, and there's always some delay involved so that automatic exposure change is smooth instead of going crazy at slighter lighting changes. This video is average in this regard- some cams go almost black under these conditions and some 'wash-out' the images from an inadequate response. Other cams jump from too bright to too dark. It could use a slight improvement maybe but it's not bad at all.

Liking the time-lapse. YT doesn't do justice to uploaded vids but I slowed it done to .25 speed and the images are quite clear- all of them. Which is how it should be. I'd rate this as being as effective as pre-buffered parking modes while being more certain since you don't need motion or a bump to your car to get a recording. I definitely like this feature and how well it works!

Phil

Yes and good fishing too, i spent many hours down there with a rod in my hand.
There is Vejle river in the town and west of it,,,,, but it is pretty lackluster by international standards.
And the local cops overdo it chasing tuned mopeds.
2.JPG

Not all that far from there 9 miles or so the "river" look like this.
s-DSC_7518-vejle-aa.jpg

A Danish Fjord are not like you see them in Sweden / Norway.

Looks like the Cops had 3 fishing rods on top of that car but I think their lines broke :LOL:

Phil

Back