SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

So I made the "mistake" of buying a product without the usual hard vetting... I got too excited, didn't go through ALL the reading and bought the SG9663DC plus the HW kit a couple of days ago. I could have bought a flagship dashcam from some more expensive companies, but went with SG.

Today as it was snowing, I went through all 37 pages of this thread (should have done it before pulling the trigger.. But Oh well! ) ... Maaan, that was some suspense reading. I was sweating bullets with this park mode feature..... Sooo is it fixed or I will know when I install my kit? :)

Parking mode is working great ever since firmware 1.35 Everyone that originally posted about issues many pages and months ago in this thread is happy as far as I know. This means parking mode is stable on the SGGCX2PRO and should be good to go on next years SG9663DR as well.

since 1.35 i have not had a single issue, everything working perfectly as expected for me. it got me scratching my head in the previous version as to why there were issues that i could not work out why they were happening, but the bug was found by mistake by the engineers and fixed everything for me.

So I made the "mistake" of buying a product without the usual hard vetting... I got too excited, didn't go through ALL the reading and bought the SG9663DC plus the HW kit a couple of days ago. I could have bought a flagship dashcam from some more expensive companies, but went with SG.

Today as it was snowing, I went through all 37 pages of this thread (should have done it before pulling the trigger.. But Oh well! ) ... Maaan, that was some suspense reading. I was sweating bullets with this park mode feature..... Sooo is it fixed or I will know when I install my kit? :)
Don't sweat it. Street guardian IS a flagship as far as I'm concerned. Their customer support and dashcams are top notch. Weather permitting, I plan on installing my DC later today.

Fantastic...

btw, can we get a quick lay down on a couple of things and what people's experiences are:

-What vehicule you have,
-What is the state of your battery,
-Average winter temperature,
-What fuses did you tap,
-What firmware version,
-FPS setting,
-What is the voltage cut-off setting,
-Shutdown setting,
-Effective time to SG shutdown (obviously depends on the setting too).

I think this will get some of us an idea about the optimal setup -depending on people's preferences obviously.

Fantastic...

btw, can we get a quick lay down on a couple of things and what people's experiences are:

-What vehicule you have, - 2018 Mazda CX-9
-What is the state of your battery, brand new
-Average winter temperature, - 16 degrees celsius at night 25 degrees celsius during day
-What fuses did you tap, - cigarette lighter and seat heaters
-What firmware version, 1.35
-FPS setting, - 5
-What is the voltage cut-off setting, -12
-Shutdown setting, - 3 hours
-Effective time to SG shutdown (obviously depends on the setting too). - 3 hours

I think this will get some of us an idea about the optimal setup -depending on people's preferences obviously.

Sg9663dc installed! Good bye blackvue.. I left pretty much all the settings as they came. The only ones I changed are the power input from 2 wire to 3 wire for parking mode. I turned parking mode on and set the shut down timer for 24hrs @ 5fps. So far so good. I'm sure glad that SG included so many 3m adhesive replacements. I still need to redo the front camera as I installed it a little crooked. When the car is turned off the camera beeps once and the small clock shows up at the top right hand side. When the screen times out after 1 minute the "rec" button continues to flash on and off letting me know that it's recording. I set the hardwire kit to 11.8v for the shut-off voltage. I also installed the camera to close to my rear view mirror and wasn't able to plug in the GPS module. Luckily, SG thought of everything. I used the 90 degree extender included in the kit. They included EVERYTHING! What a great kit. Let's see how parking mode works over the next few days.

Fantastic...

-What vehicule you have, - daily driver, 2016 mitsubishi outlander sport. Gonna install another DC or I may wait for the DR into my C6 Z06 racecar.
-What is the state of your battery, - decent to old
-Average winter temperature, - it ranges, 70*f - 35*f
-What fuses did you tap, - power mirrors and cigarette lighter socket
-What firmware version, - 1.35
-FPS setting, - 5fps
-What is the voltage cut-off setting, - 11.8v
-Shutdown setting, 24hr
-Effective time to SG shutdown (obviously depends on the setting too).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I just wanted to give a quick follow-up. I came outside this morning in 38*F weather and the cameras were still recording fine in parking mode. The "REC" light was still flashing indicating recording. When I turned my car on the screen turned back on and there were two sets of quick beeps coming from the 9663. I'm assuming this means normal recording has started again. So far so good!

Last edited:
stable hardware, stable firmware, great camera, wouldn't expect less, only thing that would let you down is your battery i would think.
My battery is starting to show signs of wear, but it's the original factory battery from 2016. Looks like I'll be ordering a deep cycle battery possibly from optima (yellow top). I'm still not sure though as I've read that their customer support and quality control has gone down hill ever since they were bought out in the early 2000's.

Anyone have a recommendation for a deep cycle battery similar to optima's yellow top?

This is off topic, but I had a question in regards to removing the SD card to view footage. Can I just remove the SD card once in parking mode or do I have to manually turn the camera off to safely remove the card?

I just checked some of the footage and noticed that during parking mode the cameras recorded 2 minute and 15 seconds of footage at 5fps (looks like it's fast forwarded video) and after a clip is saved it doesn't show another record for about 10 minutes in between. I've attached a screenshot below. Is this normal?

Edit: On a side note, my SanDisk a1 400gb card shipped today. Woohoo!

Attachments

• 20181210_173715.jpg
    20181210_173715.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 15
Back