SGGCCPL Circular Polarizing ( CPL ) Lens Filter for Street Guardian SG9665GC

Thanks Niko. I just upgraded to 2 sg9665gc's from a118s, I am happy to have such a good product and don't want to take any steps backwards with the cpl. I know that no matter what i will be losing light. Even the best cpl filters still block 1 1/4 stops of light. The only thing that could help is a larger aperture fixed lens on the sg which can cause its own problems with depth and focus.

...due to higher exposure needed and blur....
I'm sure this is the case as the CPL will cause a loss of 1 to 2 stops of light which will, in turn, cause more motion blur. I have CPL's on both my GC's and the effect is very noticeable on my rear camera because of the privacy glass making it even worse.

I'm sure this is the case as the CPL will cause a loss of 1 to 2 stops of light which will, in turn, cause more motion blur. I have CPL's on both my GC's and the effect is very noticeable on my rear camera because of the privacy glass making it even worse.
Is it worth it for the front?

Is it worth it for the front?
For me - yes. Reflections were very bad (front and rear) without the CPL's. It's obviously a trade-off between reflections and motion blur. The blur is really only noticeable at night so it's something one just has to live with.

The CPL is easy enough to install/remove if it's a big issue at night. I just leave it on all the time.

Earlier in this thread I posted a sample from my rear cam. I'm leaving a restaurant onto a major business road that's under construction and all street lights are out of commission, the only lighting is from the adjacent commercial properties. I turn onto a secondary road with intermittent overhead lighting. This is probably the absolute worse I would ever encounter and it's still acceptable.

That posting also has a link to a sample of how dark my rear glass is.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...t-guardian-sg9665gc.14256/page-10#post-196443

Edit: I don't have any samples readily available from my front camera but they are the same as what others have posted.

At night having slight motion blur does not play much role because fine details readings ( numberplates ) on the move are not possible anyway if comparing with vs without cpl.

How's the development going for the CPL for the sgzc12rc?

Come on Jokiin, give us some hope :p

Alright there, I have something to whinge about Street Guardian myself :p

Like many of you, I also noted my SG9665GC has excessive glare and reflection from the front windscreen :( So I guess I will have to spend another $49 for a CPL filter. Just wondered over to streetguardian.info website to try order one, I tried to create an account but the bloody website would not accept my primary email (which is a Gmail account). Then I have to search for my university email account to try register, again nothing happen and I couldn't progress :mad: Where am I going to order a CPL filter?

Alright there, I have something to whinge about Street Guardian myself :p

Like many of you, I also noted my SG9665GC has excessive glare and reflection from the front windscreen :( So I guess I will have to spend another $49 for a CPL filter. Just wondered over to streetguardian.info website to try order one, I tried to create an account but the bloody website would not accept my primary email (which is a Gmail account). Then I have to search for my university email account to try register, again nothing happen and I couldn't progress :mad: Where am I going to order a CPL filter?

ok, realised who you are now from that failed transaction, just reply to that email with your address details and I'll get it sorted

ok, realised who you are now from that failed transaction, just reply to that email with your address details and I'll get it sorted
Haha jokiin, it's already 9pm here in Sydney, you are not in Sydney right? Shouldn't you be back home resting? :p
Don't work too hard, our bodies need to rest ;)

Problem sorted. I ordered and registered with my university email account and the transaction has successfully gone through this time.
Rest well, jokiin.

Haha jokiin, it's already 9pm here in Sydney, you are not in Sydney right? Shouldn't you be back home resting? :p
@jokiin has said in previous postings that he sleeps from 2:00am to 4:00am every other Tuesday - whether he needs to or not. :D

Perhaps this question has already been asked, if so, my apologies.
I've had my filter for a good while now and all is well, but recently I accidentally detached it from my dashcam and was wondering whether it mattered which way I put it on the cam. Is there a "this side up" requirement with the filter or is either side up fine?

Perhaps this question has already been asked, if so, my apologies.
I've had my filter for a good while now and all is well, but recently I accidentally detached it from my dashcam and was wondering whether it mattered which way I put it on the cam. Is there a "this side up" requirement with the filter or is either side up fine?

Wider lens slot should go up, but it will work both ways.

Mzrxb9d.png

Back