SGGCCPL Circular Polarizing ( CPL ) Lens Filter for Street Guardian SG9665GC

I've dabbled with the idea of getting a 3D printer, maybe someday. Partnering with an existing expert is the way to go for now.

everytime I ship one I actually lose on it
Wow really? That's just not on, jokiin, you have to do something about the supplier. Are they ripping you off?

Wow really? That's just not on, jokiin, you have to do something about the supplier. Are they ripping you off?

it's not that we're being ripped off, our dollar against the Euro means the landed cost is high, they're handmade so realistically they do cost more to get made but I feel they're already too expensive so adding any kind of margin on top just doesn't work, it's the reason none of our dealers in Australia have them and we just handle these directly, if they get them they want to put a markup on top but the price would just be excessive I feel

I see. Such a shame because I think the requirement of this CPL filter by many owners is one of very few bad points of this SG9665GC, and the cost of this filter is not helping it either. However I did receive mine and it does its job reasonably well.

I see. Such a shame because I think the requirement of this CPL filter by many owners is one of very few bad points of this SG9665GC, and the cost of this filter is not helping it either. However I did receive mine and it does its job reasonably well.

if mass produced the cost would be lowered significantly to the point where we could probably keep the same retail price for the camera and include the filter, not something we've been able to do as yet though

if mass produced the cost would be lowered significantly to the point where we could probably keep the same retail price for the camera and include the filter, not something we've been able to do as yet though

I think it would be the same for the camera :rolleyes:

$300 deterred me from buying it, although the night footage looks awesome.

I think it would be the same for the camera :rolleyes:

not sure what you mean, we already mass produce them

they would be cheaper if we wanted to ship them direct out of China, but we distribute in local markets and there are costs associated with that, shipping, duties etc, not possible to be shipping them out of China and have service and support to acceptable standards though so it's not really a business model that would work for us

not sure what you mean, we already mass produce them

they would be cheaper if we wanted to ship them direct out of China, but we distribute in local markets and there are costs associated with that, shipping, duties etc, not possible to be shipping them out of China and have service and support to acceptable standards though so it's not really a business model that would work for us

I would think that the reason it was so expensive was due to Sony sensor but Xiaomi Yi had the same sensor for less than quarter of the price, and it is also sold locally like NCIX.

Maybe create exclusivity and reduce the price that way?

Xiaomi are about high volume turnover at very small profit margin and getting market share, we're never going to be comparable to that, the scale is too different

not sure what you mean about exclusivity to reduce price???

Xiaomi are about high volume turnover at very small profit margin and getting market share, we're never going to be comparable to that, the scale is too different

not sure what you mean about exclusivity to reduce price???

I'm sure all of your resellers take a cut, make a deal with a big one to reduce cost of retail thus more profits for both.

I'm sure all of your resellers take a cut, make a deal with a big one to reduce cost of retail thus more profits for both.

they don't take a cut, they have some profit added on their side to cover what they need but everyone pays the same cost, it's fairly typical for smaller buyers to pay higher prices for items but we don't do that, everyone buys them at the bulk order price that they would even for large quantities, the variation of prices in different markets just comes down to local costs in each country, shipping, taxes, duties etc, there's a lot of other costs incurred for a business beyond just what the raw material costs

Also marketing, I often times have to google the name of the camera.

Find a catchy name like Night Hawk or SG Stealth.

Hi there,

I don't suppose this will fit the A188C by chance?

I've searched but been unable to find anything so far.

Thanks

Back