SGGCCPL Circular Polarizing ( CPL ) Lens Filter for Street Guardian SG9665GC

The very first batch orientation was more important but now that the glass is glued in place after being calibrated during assembly it's not as important. (Fits both ways)

So do you recommend the big part on top, or the small part on top?

Edit: Nevermind, saw post before last one...

So do you recommend the big part on top, or the small part on top?

Edit: Nevermind, saw post before last one...

the reason why the larger part went up was so that the glass couldn't eventually rattle out, the recent ones have a little spot of glue to hold the lens in place so it doesn't really matter

the reason why the larger part went up was so that the glass couldn't eventually rattle out, the recent ones have a little spot of glue to hold the lens in place so it doesn't really matter
Jokiin, does that mean that the new batch is available now via the Street Guardian website?

Glue was added on the second batch, there is an adjustment to the design of the third batch, I don't have any of those yet, another week or so before I'll see any of those

Glue was added on the second batch, there is an adjustment to the design of the third batch, I don't have any of those yet, another week or so before I'll see any of those
Thanks for the info.

Hi all - just got mine. It's going in a 2013 GMC Sierra, which being a pickup likely has a less steeply angled windshield than many cars. With the filter attached, I can't get the camera to rotate up enough. Rotated as high as it will go, a car directly in front of me is about 2/3 of the way up on the screen; the vast majority of the shot is the hood. Any ideas of a workaroundon on this? I *think* I've got it attached right - I did try to slide it on as in the instructions but in the end to get it to stay on I just pushed it on from the front - perhaps I've somehow not got it on all the way?

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere!

The only time I've heard of this is when people try to aim too high.

You want to follow the 40/60 rule. 40% sky maximum and 60% cars/roads/hood/dash. If you aim too high trying to cut out the hood all together, you'll no longer have the sweet spot in the middle and auto exposure will be wonky with too much bright sky

Try using using the thicker mount over the thin one as well.

TastyCat,

Send us a screen capture too. It might help us to direct you :)

For those of us in Australia. Where do we purchase the cpl?

How's the development going for the CPL for the sgzc12rc?

(EDIT: Just realized you're in the UK)
Hey Jez,
We have a new SGRCCPL (CPL for SGZC12RC) we are testing, it uses the same glass as the SGGCCPL here.
Let me know if you want to help test as I have 3 samples now in Nevada.
@niko will create a new thread about the SGRCCPL once it's confirmed ready for the public.
We haven't had a chance to do a side by side test yet since we all sold out of SGZC12RC (more on the way soon)
ZMAeUlY.png
O8Cwffe.png

Last edited:
Great news Pier28 I felt like CPL is needed for SGZC12RC I'm definitely interested in getting one

who does the 3d design for these? I really want to start trying my own designs myself. I've used several 3d drafting software in college (autocad civil 3d, and solidworks when I was a ME student) but that stuff costs a lot. curious to know of what kind of free or cheap software would work for 3d printing my own designs.

Back