SGGCX2PRO+ beta firmware

If it work well WDR are a nice thing to have, but in most cameras WDR function are very basic and it can even be worse to use.
This is true; with most cams WDR function doesn't do well at night or at best does nothing :cautious: But then again almost nobody has the zeal of making features in their cams work properly that you get from SG, so when Jokiin says it's ready or has it on by default you can be sure it's going to make things better, not worse (y)

With other cams you really have to try it yourself to see how well it works at night (or read about it on these forums). It usually helps in the daytime if it's done well, just not always at night. TBH I only check this with my primary cam and cam's I'm testing; on all the rest I just turn WDR on in hope that it helps daytime when most of my driving is done. I just don't have the time to play with it all.

Phil

I have WDR enabled, one thing I noticed are the shadows of the trees are pixelated onto the street. I'll see if turning it off fixes this.

Had to take my wife for an appointment today so waiting presented a good opportunity for a 'with' and 'without' WDR compare in an almost static environment - about 2 minutes between the frame grabs taken with VLC. Conditions were overcast with a threat of imminent rain. The only processing was converting from PNG to JPG for the sake of file size.

Edit: F/W version 1.32 MOD V4.

WDR off.

WDR-Off.jpg

WDR on.

WDR-On.jpg

Last edited:
When can we expect more than 24 hours of parking mode?

My car got her hood hit by a truck that apparently reversed into it and I have no footage of this because even tho I had a battery pack, the camera didn't allow to record past 24h in parking mode, so it wasn't recording when it happen! :mad:

Argh man :rolleyes: thats just where you needed a camera, really ****ty timing.

Do you have an X2PRO or X2PRO+ camera?
What’s the difference? I just ordered an X2PRO+; what arrived was a box marked “X2PRO”, with a sticker saying “plus firmware installed”.

Do I have an X2PRO or an X2PRO+?

You should have the pro+

They are very much the same cameras, hence the also very similar names of the models, you can upgrade from a DC pro to a DC pro+ just fine, just take a new bootloader - the pro+ firmware and then the IMX 291 pro+ rear camera.

The name on the firmware version at the bottom of the settings tree should also indicate this i believe, you cant just load the pro or pro+ firmware's, as i wrote there also need to be a change in the bootloader, and of course the hardware too, so loading the regular DC ( i tested this model ) or the pro firmware on your camera will / should not work, it should only work with / accept the correct pro+ firmware, these unlike ambrella based cameras dont "break" bad if you load up a wrong firmware.

If i am talking too much rubbish here jokiin will slap my wrist and speak the word. :)

He offered to send me a pro+ for testing too, but he already have good people on that one, so no need to send me a camera for testing too, but i only have personal experience with the first model the regular DC model.

Back