SGZC12RC - blurry and out of focus?

We were expecting to receive the new replacements by now, but they didn't make it out on time before the current 1 week long China holiday. (everything closes, missed export by one day)
We should have a better ETA later next week of the incoming updated replacement lenses. Standby to Standby as always, we'll get this sorted.

Is this the new lens, 140º F1.8 ?

8.jpg

New lens units have been stuck in Shenzhen since the week long holiday closure. We missed the export window by a few hours. We should show movement again soon. All RMA/back-orders are queued up in our system and ready to ship as soon as they arrive.

Complete new SGZC12RC packages should be be back on sale later this month as well.

unfortunately the USA shipment is held up in customs, some new rule introduced means some paperwork had to be updated, it's being fixed now

What about the little old UK jokiin? Any ideas on complete units for retail?

See attached frames. Both from stationary positions. Not 100% sure whether or not each are impacted by heat, but looks better at the moment.

Before
vlcsnap-2015-10-22-07h07m33s101.jpg

After
vlcsnap-2015-10-22-07h06m20s117.jpg

I may have mentioned this before, coming from Vicovation. I thought this was soft, and that I'd made a wrong decision. After this lens switch out, that's all changed. quite pleased with the image quality. Very happy with the purchase now.

Thanks

Last edited:
Looks good

All RC customers should be receiving their new lens replacements today or tomorrow. If any customer needs a new lens I have plenty of new spares so please contact me.

Looks good

All RC customers should be receiving their new lens replacements today or tomorrow. If any customer needs a new lens I have plenty of new spares so please contact me.

i thought we were going to get an email notification when it's shipped? or maybe the email is buried somewhere in my inbox.

anyone have glitching going on with the new lens? just installed mine at lunch today and when waiting for my lady to get off work, I noticed that my recording unit will have what looks like static interference in the LCD. it has even stopped recording all together and power cycle.

it's not the cards as the unit will glitch and power cycle with any of the three cards that worked flawlessly with it previously. it's not the BDP since I haven't touched that since I installed it and the mini 0805 that is also connected to it is working as it should.

I will reinstall the older lens later to rule that out, too.

and I'll post a video of what's going on when I get on wifi.

that won't relate to the lens itself, could be a sensor problem, do a bit of A-B testing with the old camera and if it does prove to be a faulty one just let @Pier28 know so they can get a new one out to you

that won't relate to the lens itself, could be a sensor problem, do a bit of A-B testing with the old camera and if it does prove to be a faulty one just let @Pier28 know so they can get a new one out to you

Standing by, I have plenty of spares.

I'm thinking pins at the USB contacts are a bit off so that's why the signal is screwy. had no idea that would cause a power cycle though.

just confirmed, when old lens is connected, it behaves as it should.

here's what was going on for those that are curious:

it wouldn't be so bad but the other behavior was freezing up and/or power cycling.

jon, do you still have my info or should I send you a PM?

Back