SGZC12RC wiping card?

Very stable. I use 2 seperate multi-safers each tapped into their own always hot fuse to power 4 cams(2 on each). The power consumption is way below the rated threshold, a little less than half for each I believe. I have the cutoff set to the highest voltage as it's a brand new car with a brand new battery. Everything is very secure, would take quite a hit to jostle the connections enough to interrupt the power.

My entire last week was just one big **** show, I swear, the universe was out to get me. Not a single day went by without something totally over the top happening. By Friday I was soooo done with the week, or so I thought. Then Saturday happened.

Sliced my thumb open almost to the bone, right on the knuckle. As I'm running it under cold water trying to get the bleeding to at least slow down, a bee lands on the opposite arm, in the one spot I'd need my other hand to swat it away, and stings me.....twice. Nothing I could do but watch and try to headbutt it off me. Go to the store for some butterfly stitches, cause I hate the hospital, would rather deal with it myself. Bend down to grab the package and my pants split wide open on my ass. Did I mention I go commando? And that was just Monday.

By Saturday night it had escalated to almost getting arrested because a cop lost sight of the car he was actually chasing(it flew by me and hit an off ramp and was out of sight in seconds), and came up on my car, which apparently looked similar enough that he absolutely refused to believe it wasn't me. I only pulled to the right because that's what you're supposed to do, if it's safe to do so, when any emergency vehicle comes up behind you. Was shocked as hell when the cop slowed down and signaled for me to pull over. Then he came up to my window yelling, asking if I knew the speed limit, then didn't even give me a chance to answer before yelling "NOT 110!". Wouldn't even let me finish a single sentence the entire time. But being a "nice guy" and doing me a "favor", his words, he wrote me a ticket for going 110+ and checked the "All civil infractions" box, instead of arresting me. Yeah, $555, almost arrested, for something I didn't do and this guy wants me to be grateful. Oh hell no, already mailed that ticket in with the "Hearing requested" box checked. Why can't some(won't say all) cops just admit when they make a mistake? Oh yeah, on the ticket, he got my license # wrong, the make and model of my car wrong(I think he wrote what he was actually chasing by accident), and the town where it happened wrong.

Anyways, I really shouldn't have been surprised that both cameras decided to f-up on me. It was parr for the course at that point. I'm hoping the video from the back is clear enough to the magistrate to show the other car fly by.

Might be the cameras are fine and I'm the one with the glitches.

if the ticket is wrong then it will get thrown out surely.

@jokiin Can we please break this issue up into two parts for the engineer?

1) RC can't format the card once it gets into this corrupt state
2) The root cause - why is it occurring in the first place

It would really help to be able to at least have the engineer address #1 as a workaround so we can reformat when it occurs. This should be something that is achievable.

I hit this issue again in my car just before a road trip and it really is annoying because you can't format in the RC at least.

The test bed on the other hand has been running for 7 days straight and no sign of problems.

I can take a dd image of the sd card I have here that has been left in this corrupt state to test any firmware changes they make to see if we can fix #1. Does the engineer have a corrupt flash card image they can use to test a fix with also?

@jokiin Can we please break this issue up into two parts for the engineer?

1) RC can't format the card once it gets into this corrupt state
2) The root cause - why is it occurring in the first place

It would really help to be able to at least have the engineer address #1 as a workaround so we can reformat when it occurs. This should be something that is achievable.

I hit this issue again in my car just before a road trip and it really is annoying because you can't format in the RC at least.

The test bed on the other hand has been running for 7 days straight and no sign of problems.

I can take a dd image of the sd card I have here that has been left in this corrupt state to test any firmware changes they make to see if we can fix #1. Does the engineer have a corrupt flash card image they can use to test a fix with also?

Yes, #1 would be much more convienent for the short term, I agree. But #2 would, hopefully, cure the issue, making #1 unnecessary.

I've also been having this issue for months.

I had tried every combination of settings but eventually the card would corrupt.

I got the newest firmware and flashed it two months ago with motion detection off and it seems to have been fine.

Turned motion back on at the weekend and within 48 hours... crash!

My camera is plugged in 24/7 with a 850Ah battery never dropping below 12.4V even after three+ days without starting the engine.

Was planning on buying a second, but until I can know it won't fall over for no apparent reason I'm not prepared to.

Also I've used both Samsung and lexar 128GB cards with the same results.

Perhaps we need a debug version of the firmware which saves things to a log so we can at least partially see what is going on when you recover the card later. (Please sync the data every time you write to the log to maximise the chance of the data being saved!!!)

Last edited:
I will tell you Friday evening when I get mazda, I have set it to motion detect in the shop so I can see whats going on in there so it wont fill the card up.

I'm having the issue from time to time and also using motion detection.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Motion detect is on on all my cameras. No issue though with the test bed so far (with MD on).

My entire last week was just one big **** show, I swear, the universe was out to get me. Not a single day went by without something totally over the top happening. By Friday I was soooo done with the week, or so I thought. Then Saturday happened.

Sliced my thumb open almost to the bone, right on the knuckle. As I'm running it under cold water trying to get the bleeding to at least slow down, a bee lands on the opposite arm, in the one spot I'd need my other hand to swat it away, and stings me.....twice. Nothing I could do but watch and try to headbutt it off me. Go to the store for some butterfly stitches, cause I hate the hospital, would rather deal with it myself. Bend down to grab the package and my pants split wide open on my ass. Did I mention I go commando? And that was just Monday.

By Saturday night it had escalated to almost getting arrested because a cop lost sight of the car he was actually chasing(it flew by me and hit an off ramp and was out of sight in seconds), and came up on my car, which apparently looked similar enough that he absolutely refused to believe it wasn't me. I only pulled to the right because that's what you're supposed to do, if it's safe to do so, when any emergency vehicle comes up behind you. Was shocked as hell when the cop slowed down and signaled for me to pull over. Then he came up to my window yelling, asking if I knew the speed limit, then didn't even give me a chance to answer before yelling "NOT 110!". Wouldn't even let me finish a single sentence the entire time. But being a "nice guy" and doing me a "favor", his words, he wrote me a ticket for going 110+ and checked the "All civil infractions" box, instead of arresting me. Yeah, $555, almost arrested, for something I didn't do and this guy wants me to be grateful. Oh hell no, already mailed that ticket in with the "Hearing requested" box checked. Why can't some(won't say all) cops just admit when they make a mistake? Oh yeah, on the ticket, he got my license # wrong, the make and model of my car wrong(I think he wrote what he was actually chasing by accident), and the town where it happened wrong.

Anyways, I really shouldn't have been surprised that both cameras decided to f-up on me. It was parr for the course at that point. I'm hoping the video from the back is clear enough to the magistrate to show the other car fly by.

Might be the cameras are fine and I'm the one with the glitches.
Huh?? You know that this is a dash cam forum yes?

is it being tested somewhere where there is always motion or it does time out and stop occasionally?

Not always with motion. Looking out the window at trees all day, definitely off during the night and in between those periods on and off. I walk in and can see it's off and then turning on the light will trigger it again. So it definitely going on and off, perhaps not as often as in a real car.

Not always with motion. Looking out the window at trees all day, definitely off during the night and in between those periods on and off. I walk in and can see it's off and then turning on the light will trigger it again. So it definitely going on and off, perhaps not as often as in a real car.
ok thanks, helps to know how you have it setup

Huh?? You know that this is a dash cam forum yes?

Read the entire thread. See how many times I've replied. Then you'll understand.

That's all the nice I have left in me today.

Hit the Please format card issue again today. Observations:

1) I have the screen saver on, noticed the rear camera was on but blue light was solid even though I was in traffic and should be flashing.
2) Woke it up to see the screen.
3) Camera was showing me a live video feed just fine.
4) Camera was not recording though.
5) Tried to get to the menu but it wouldn't respond.
6) Tried powering off the unit but wouldn't power off via the button (live feed still working though).
7) Left it a while, woke it up again.
8) Camera now showing "Please format card!".
9) Got home and saw the camera has powered itself off.
10) Had to reformat in my PC and now it's working again.

Cameras were powered on all day today. They didn't bing when I started the car so the Cellinks must have been working fine. Seems like it happened at some point during the day today with a few trips here and there.

Back