SGZC12RC wiping card?

For FAT32, I used guiformat.exe with 32kb cluster size. I hit the "Not enough space!" issue fairly quickly so reverted back to exfat.

I think you're probably right. I'm seeing this fairly often, probably as I've got 8 x Cellinks keeping things humming along as much as possible 24x7.

do you ever restart the cameras or are they pretty much running all the time?

how long does it go before it happens?

do you ever restart the cameras or are they pretty much running all the time?

how long does it go before it happens?

I'm not intentionally restarting them though sometimes they just power off because the car has been sitting there for over two days and the Cellinks go flat as I'm not driving it. It's best effort 24x7 but I doubt I could claim more than 1 month of uptime at any point. I'll have to start keeping a manual log as there's no other way to know the approximate uptime.

Can't be conclusive but doesn't seem to happen for a few days at least after formatting. I'll try to provide more accurate info.

Is there anything else I can do to assist the developer?

I'm not intentionally restarting them though sometimes they just power off because the car has been sitting there for over two days and the Cellinks go flat as I'm not driving it. It's best effort 24x7 but I doubt I could claim more than 1 month of uptime at any point. I'll have to start keeping a manual log as there's no other way to know the approximate uptime.

Can't be conclusive but doesn't seem to happen for a few days at least after formatting. I'll try to provide more accurate info.

Is there anything else I can do to assist the developer?

the more detailed info you can provide the more helpful that is

the more detailed info you can provide the more helpful that is

Have you been able to recreate the issue at all? I was thinking whether it's worthwhile to attempt that on a test bed. I have a spare RC and identical lexar card. This way I can let it run continuously to see if I can find a pattern?

Have you been able to recreate the issue at all? I was thinking whether it's worthwhile to attempt that on a test bed. I have a spare RC and identical lexar card. This way I can let it run continuously to see if I can find a pattern?

if you are able to it would help, any pattern can help to establish the cause, repeatable bugs are a lot easier to address than random ones

Ok I'll set it up. Is there any way to get console access? jtag? or other interface to see what's happening? It's really hard as a black box.

It just did it again just now, when I first turned the camera on. "Please format card", but responds to nothing. Tap the settings button, nothing, mic button, nothing, etc.. It was fine when I shut it down last night around 9ish. Have to format in the pc, then again in camera when I put it back in.

I forgot to say that this was with the Transcend 64gb card. Going to swap this time with the Sandisk 64gb card I have.

List of my cards, in case you'd like me to try a specific one.
2 - 64 gb Transcend
1 - 128gb PNY
1 - 200gb Sandisk

Editing my butt off, just went to put card back in and double checked what I have. One Sandisk, 2 Transcends and 1 PNY.

Last edited:
It just did it again just now
Hi Com69, when the camera is working fine and you shut it down, can you then swap flash cards while it's off to one that is blank and start it up and see if it's fine? It should be. Also, at that time mount the original one in your PC and confirm it can read the file system. If not, we know it's the shutdown or while running that caused it. If it's fine, possibly it's the boot/startup as the root cause.

I'll be with the engineer later next week so any info you can collect that helps establish any pattern would be very helpful

Hi Com69, when the camera is working fine and you shut it down, can you then swap flash cards while it's off to one that is blank and start it up and see if it's fine? It should be. Also, at that time mount the original one in your PC and confirm it can read the file system. If not, we know it's the shutdown or while running that caused it. If it's fine, possibly it's the boot/startup as the root cause.

The pc tells me the card has to be formatted before use. Blank card works fine in camera at start up.

try a different computer.

do what it wants then.

The pc tells me the card has to be formatted before use. Blank card works fine in camera at start up.

I have two failed cards that behave like that in most cams and most computers. h2testw claims the cards are fine.

I have two failed cards that behave like that in most cams and most computers. h2testw claims the cards are fine.

All of the cards are fine in the other cams, record fine, playback is fine, no errors. Each of them, at one time or another, has gotten the "Format card" from the RC upon start up. My conclusion is that it's the RC, not the card. I've started watching it closely when I do a shut down at night so I can see if it acts any differently when it gives the format error the next morning. It hasn't happened since I started paying closer attention, but when it does, I want to be able to describe it accurately.

Ok, it did it again and this time I'm pretty unhappy about it. I really needed the video this time. Won't get into specifics, but now my case isn't open and shut like it should be if the footage wasn't corrupted. I know I said I was watching the shut down but this time I didn't as I was completely distracted by the events that had just occured. And to make matters even worse, my rear cam, SG9665GC, also malfunctioned. The gps(location and speed)locked up at one point in the trip and stayed that way until shut down. At least the video from that is ok, but because of the angle of my rear window, the tint, and the bright sun, there's a ton of glare making it hard to view clearly. I think I'll be ok with just the rear video, as long as the gps malfunction doesn't make the video part void in court(God only knows what technicality they'll try to use on that one). But my happiness at knowing I could 100% prove what really happened quickly turned into utter frustration that the clearest footage was corrupt.

Please figure this out asap.

Back