SGZC12SS Buzzing/Rattling Noise

glypter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Recently purchased the SGZC12SS and have been using it for several days. I've posted some raw footage below so you can see/hear what I'm attempting to discuss (The file is a part of the entire 5min raw video that was recorded)

There is a distinct buzz from the start of the video to the end, as well as distinct rattling (as if something is loose on the inside) throughout the ride. The noise is present in all of my videos, despite any adjustments (both device settings and placement of the dashcam). I've tried both the plain cigarette lighter and the Motosafe Multi Parker attachment.

Raw Rattling Noise Video Link removed.

What could be causing this? Originally I thought the mount was loose or was not secured properly, but adjustments to this have not solved this issue either.

--

EDIT: I've removed the link to the video because my issue wasn't related to the camera itself. I was picking up some weird interference that my car is giving off. Unknown where the interference is coming from (12V power socket or otherwise), but the power adapter which the unit seems to be sensitive to it.

Last edited:
Back