Shadow GT680W

Yes, motion Detection active.
Well, you just answered your question. That's exactly where your problem is. Motion detection is not meant to be used when you're driving and trying to record your ride. It's for when car is parked.

Thank you, and I tried so long record videos as well.
But the motion sensor would not be the point, If you drive, you can record 5min, if I do not move more then stop the recording 5 min later? If you keep moving, you can always take in more 5min?
Currently now I start up every 5 minutes, but only stop if I turn it off. If I do not turn off power, then go to the parking lot unnecessarily.
Is there any change in the 2.7 firmware upgrade that?
Or what changes would cause that?
The upgrade does not involve loss of the warranty?
Thanks!

I was planning on hard wiring my GT680w but the included power cord isn't going to allow me to tuck the wire into the headliner. The capacitor and/or the fuse is located right by the power plug instead of on the other end by the cigarette adapter connection. So that means I'm going to have to buy a USB cigarette adapter and a long micro USB cable. Any particular adapter I should look at that is known for reliability?

Thank you, and I tried so long record videos as well.
But the motion sensor would not be the point, If you drive, you can record 5min, if I do not move more then stop the recording 5 min later? If you keep moving, you can always take in more 5min?
Currently now I start up every 5 minutes, but only stop if I turn it off. If I do not turn off power, then go to the parking lot unnecessarily.
Is there any change in the 2.7 firmware upgrade that?
Or what changes would cause that?
Thanks!
Unfortunately I am unable to understand what you're trying to do. If you set your dash cam to record chunks of 5 minutes, that's how it works. You can set it to 2 or 3 as well. Camera will keep recording as small chunks as you told it to. That's how most dash cams work. Smaller video files are always a lot easier to handle (play/record) than huge chunks, especially we're talking about HD videos with GPS information as well. So, to resume... after some time, your SD card will be full of small video chunks. When it's full and there is no memory to save another video clip, the oldest clip in your library gets overwritten by the new one... that's how it is and that's how it's supposed to work.

Firmware updates never cause loss of warranty, as long as they're coming from official developer team. If you're trying to install some third party firmware developed by anyone else besides the official developer team, then in that case it could void the warranty.

Unfortunately I am unable to understand what you're trying to do. If you set your dash cam to record chunks of 5 minutes, that's how it works. You can set it to 2 or 3 as well. Camera will keep recording as small chunks as you told it to. That's how most dash cams work. Smaller video files are always a lot easier to handle (play/record) than huge chunks, especially we're talking about HD videos with GPS information as well. So, to resume... after some time, your SD card will be full of small video chunks. When it's full and there is no memory to save another video clip, the oldest clip in your library gets overwritten by the new one... that's how it is and that's how it's supposed to work.

Firmware updates never cause loss of warranty, as long as they're coming from official developer team. If you're trying to install some third party firmware developed by anyone else besides the official developer team, then in that case it could void the warranty.
I try to describe what I mean.
When I start the car (G-sensor) to contact you to set time. 1-5min.
When I stop at the gas station for 15 minutes, then 1-5 minutes after the last movement, the recording stops.
When He got into it again, I go (G sensor) starts the recording scheme again and again.
If you stop by again issues addressed, it will stop after the last shot.
If this is not the way to go, why the G sensor?
Acceleration measured? Or do not understand.

Last edited:
G-Sensor is used for the automatic file locking but is not used for motion detect, it only uses the CMOS sensor for that
Yes, jokiin is 100% right. G-Sensor has nothing to do with your problem. And you can even turn it off if you don't want auto-sensitivity to be enabled. Only in case you have an accident, it will kick in and lock the file currently being saved. It has nothing to do with your problem.

Again, no matter what you do, camera will keep recording small video chunks 2, 3 or 5 minutes long, depending on what you set it to in your settings. If you want your camera to keep recording while you are fully stopped an left your car at the parking, you have to have constant power source (meaning, power won't be cut off at the lighter plug once you turn your car off). For that you have to enable parking mode in RX300, not sure if it's same for GT680W or not.

I have to admit, I am still little unsure what exactly is your problem with your camera.

G-Sensor is used for the automatic file locking but is not used for motion detect, it only uses the CMOS sensor for that
Yes, jokiin is 100% right. G-Sensor has nothing to do with your problem. And you can even turn it off if you don't want auto-sensitivity to be enabled. Only in case you have an accident, it will kick in and lock the file currently being saved. It has nothing to do with your problem.

Again, no matter what you do, camera will keep recording small video chunks 2, 3 or 5 minutes long, depending on what you set it to in your settings. If you want your camera to keep recording while you are fully stopped an left your car at the parking, you have to have constant power source (meaning, power won't be cut off at the lighter plug once you turn your car off). For that you have to enable parking mode in RX300, not sure if it's same for GT680W or not.

I have to admit, I am still little unsure what exactly is your problem with your camera.

I can not talk right now from one to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Sensor

I think this would be the core of the camera to capture events on the fly automatically when the car is in motion.
Imagine a runner who goes to address 55pcs in 1 day 8 hours.
The lead drive is only 4-5 hours. But the camera picks up eight hours.
And if you do not have to push 55x off and on camera.
I get to be manually recording it, but I might be incorporated in any kind of video camera in the car.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry I bet it's somewhere in the forums but I have a question,

If I get a 680 with the gps attachment, can I leave the camera hardwired with power all the time but turn off parking mode, so that the camera is off unless the gps senses that I am moving? My itb100hd is set like this so it only records when I am driving and shuts off after a couple of minutes of standing still. Thanks for any answers.

Hi guys!
I have pretty much the same problem in the Black GT680W.
Foxoffer camera I bought, I bought it TRANSCEND 32G sdcard Premuim300x well.

Many times it takes a very short videos ... 15sec!
five minutes and already I increased the rec. time.
The original 2.6 firmware.
Maybe the camera is faulty, or firmware upgrade solve the problem?

Thanks!

Hi there. Indeed, the problem was the motion detection.

But, since I have 2.7 FW, the resolution is not really 1080p.
First of all, even if it set to 1080p, the movies look more like 720p(as quality) and the focus seems to be more on the windshield, rather than the outside environment.
I’ve attached a movie uploaded on dropbox, in order to see better the actual film (download the movie, it is the raw version).
I've tried to "downgrade" the firmware to 2.2 or 2.4, but it didn't work out. The card is a 32GB, Kingmax, class 10.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s31s912u94avlmk/16090010.MOV

Hello. Can you tell me which is the best option between 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps? Thank you!

Thank you. This because of more detail recorded ? I thought that the 60fps will give me more chance to read the plate numbers.

Ok, I will try both settings. Thank you

Back