Shadow GT680W

Thank you. This because of more detail recorded ? I thought that the 60fps will give me more chance to read the plate numbers.

1080p / 60fps is most superior. Ambarella A7 can do this ( Vico Marcus 3 ).

Majority of other dashcams with 720p and so called 60fps, - they do fake 60fps at 720p. They do double-frame, kinda marketing trick, so in reality you get nothing but only bigger file size.
One of the few I know which doing real 720p/60fps is Panorama 2. Majority others ( especially NT96650 cpu based ) - they have fake 60fps.

@niko: Thank you very much for clarification. In this case, I will just stick with 1080p/30fps. All the best!

I can not talk right now from one to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Sensor

I think this would be the core of the camera to capture events on the fly automatically when the car is in motion.
Imagine a runner who goes to address 55pcs in 1 day 8 hours.
The lead drive is only 4-5 hours. But the camera picks up eight hours.
And if you do not have to push 55x off and on camera.
I get to be manually recording it, but I might be incorporated in any kind of video camera in the car.

Thanks!

I am sorry, but your post is very, very difficult to understand. Could you ask somebody to translate it from your language, rather than using Google Translate or Babelfish translator? It would help a lot when it comes to understanding your posts and trying to help you.

I have two questions for the Shadow GT680W owners:
- your camera came with an protective film over the lens ?
- if the answer is Yes, how you removed it?
Thank you

I have two questions for the Shadow GT680W owners:
- your camera came with an protective film over the lens ?
- if the answer is Yes, how you removed it?
Thank you

There should be a small part on the film that you can grab with fingers, - just peel it off ;)
In case during dashcam assembly in the factory, that small film part not sticking out, but was left inside lens surrounding, then you just take needle and gently from very corner of lens peel away, not scratching or damaging lens, be very careful.

Thank you, Niko! That clarifies it. Since there is no part out to peel away, I assume mine is left inside lens surroundings but it is very difficult to spot the film if you don't know it is there.
Now that I know the film is there, I will try to remove it.
Kind regards!

Thank you, Niko! That clarifies it. Since there is no part out to peel away, I assume mine is left inside lens surroundings but it is very difficult to spot the film if you don't know it is there.
Kind regards!

You are welcome.

Kind regards!

Before attempting to remove it, make sure it's plastic film (use magnifying glass if needed). If it's not, then you must be looking at anti-glare protective lens coating substance spread all over the lens. All new GoPro Hero 3 cameras came with it and since it looks like rainbow smudges on the lens, many people foolishly tried wiping it off with different abrassive cleaning chemicals... Yes, probably degrading the quality of their lens surfaces at the end. Rainbow looking smudgy coating does not affect the quality of the image at all, and it helps protecting delicate lens surface, deflecting dust particles and doing great job minimizing light glare.

If this is your case too, do not try to remove it. If you're 100% sure it's plastic film, then do exactly as Niko said. Be very careful.

Cheers.

As a back-up solution: can open shell, get to lens and then see whats going on. But of course this is on your own risk, its may void warranty.

Thank you both. I will look carefully.

I know about the presence of the lens protective film on gt680 from Mrs Nancy Lee so it is not antiglare one. I will have a close look but I will not try to open the case. Keep well!

Hello. I took a close look to the lens: it seems that there is no protective film that should be removed. I also looked in the package for it but could not find it. So, I think there are two possibilities: one, it was never installed and second, it was removed before packing. Either one, I give up to this pursuit. Keep well

Last edited:
I used to remove these before sending cameras out, too many people don't see the plastic and think there's something wrong with the picture, I could understand if they've removed prior to shipping

I used to remove these before sending cameras out, too many people don't see the plastic and think there's something wrong with the picture, I could understand if they've removed prior to shipping
I'll admit to this one. When I bought my WF1 and put it in I forgot to take the plastic off of the lens. Then when I went to watch a video back it took me a few minutes to figure out why my videos had a blue tint to them.

I just received my 680W all black from foxoffer. The protective lens plastic was still on. Tough to Not see it, with the large extended plastic pulltag for removal hanging from it. Came off very easily

I'll admit to this one. When I bought my WF1 and put it in I forgot to take the plastic off of the lens. Then when I went to watch a video back it took me a few minutes to figure out why my videos had a blue tint to them.

They should make those peel-off lens protection films with a tinted color so that they are obvious to any folks who might not otherwise notice them.

I grabbed the latest firmware from Foxoffer's blog page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/gt680w/Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip

The file that extracts from there is called "FW96550A.bin". Copied it to my memory card and powered on my "All Black" model GT680W. It just turns on and firmware remains 2.6. What am I doing wrong?

Yes I confirm I experience exactly the same problem. The compressed file expands to be FW96550A.bin and not the usual YTX000FW.bin name. I tried rename the file FW96550A.bin to YTX000FW.bin, put in a re-formatted 32GB SD, insert it, turn camera on and waited for the flashing process to complete but still the screen remains black after several long minutes (I am unsure how long I really have to wait). My unit is stuck at V2.6G, and I can't upgrade to V2.7G. My unit is also the "all black" version of GT680W but I don't use GPS.

I just got the confirmation from the seller that he removed the lens protection film prior to shipping. Case closed for me!

Back