Shadow GT680W

After a long waiting for the ordered battery turned out that ... the seller is an ordinary crook. Oryginal Seezeus Li-Po cells you can buy over 1000 pices only. :( Having no other choice I ordered a similar battery in a German eBay internet store.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Akkus-fuer-R...ku-/251337561182?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:PL:3160

Unfortunately, the battery has proved to be a little smaller than the original and two times thicker and obviously not fit into the DVR box. I was looking for a small box and micro black connectors - I wanted a new battery stick to the glass and the voltage lead wires instead of the original cell. I have not found anything that would be suitable for use... I solved the problem differently - see pictures below.

SAM_0016.JPG SAM_0018.JPG SAM_0019.JPG SAM_0022.JPG SAM_0026.JPG SAM_0028.JPG SAM_0030.JPG SAM_0031.JPG SAM_0033.JPG

This my solution may not be perfect - but the idea was to restore the full functionality of the DVR and not its appearance. Of course, you can still work out about this. :)

Full list of materials used in the assembly:
- Black self-adhesive double-sided tape Car (gluing the battery into the housing)
- Black car material tape (wire insulation and optical battery hide)
- Cutter for wallpapers (cut off part of the diodes window)

After a replace operation the battery of DVR running like new, battery is charging normally, everything is OK. A simple expense I extended the life of my unit. Transfer of batteries outside the enclosure as a bonus treat. As this new battery end own life, replacing it with a new one (any size available in world) it is no longer constitute a problem. :)

Last edited:
Or just cut the plug off and hardwire it
Post #643 advised to "Or just cut the plug off and hardwire it". My understanding is that the cigarette-lighter plug is actually a voltage down-converter (from 12V to 5V DC).
It's highly inadvisable to feed 12 volts into a dash-cam designed to operate at 5 volts!

Quote: It's common knowledge that modern electronics functions by circulating "smoke under pressure". A too-high voltage may force the smoke to be released - terminally.)

Post #643 advised to "Or just cut the plug off and hardwire it". My understanding is that the cigarette-lighter plug is actually a voltage down-converter (from 12V to 5V DC).
It's highly inadvisable to feed 12 volts into a dash-cam designed to operate at 5 volts!

Quote: It's common knowledge that modern electronics functions by circulating "smoke under pressure". A too-high voltage may force the smoke to be released - terminally.)

the power supply is not in the plug on this model

Thanks "jokiin", I had assumed (I know, I know, never assume) that the power plug would be a similar voltage down-converter as a lot of other car cams. Silly me!

GT680W User Manual wanted. I know it's been asked before, with the replies being that "it's so simple the User Manual is not needed", BUT, if any of the good folks out there would possibly scan and then post online an English language version of the subject manual, I for one, would appreciate it. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks "jokiin", I had assumed (I know, I know, never assume) that the power plug would be a similar voltage down-converter as a lot of other car cams. Silly me!

You are correct that the voltage is dropped down to 5v, in this model though the conversion is not done in the cig plug like most models, it's in the little box near the end of the cable, they did it that way specifically so the plug could be cut off

Your advice was still sound, just not for this model :)

GT680W User Manual wanted. I know it's been asked before, with the replies being that "it's so simple the User Manual is not needed", BUT, if any of the good folks out there would possibly scan and then post online an English language version of the subject manual, I for one, would appreciate it. Many thanks in advance.
Here you are. Factory box contains only this manual.

Attachments

• GT680W.jpg
    GT680W.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Many Thanks SP9XWW for the Use Manual. I now see why previous folks have commented that it's not exactly a comprehensive document. Even so, it's better than nothing and I certainly do appreciate your time in scanning and uploading it. Cheers.

Whenever my SeeZeus GT680W powers up, a "boot-up" screen appears and also a pre-recorded voice says: "Welcome to SeeZeus Car DVR." It then says something (incomprehensible to me) which sounds something like "Please con sit you it". Does anyone know what the second sentence actually is? I'm simply curious.

An earlier thread indicated that the movie viewer software "DashCam Yiewer (by John Coggi) " supports the GT680W camera. After trying it, I found that the movie played OK, but that there was no GPS information displayed in the software's relevant sub-screens.
After I emailed to John, he replied that SeeZeus somehow embeds the GPS information into its saved *.MOV files. He's currently trying to find out how the extract the GPS information to be able to use it in his "DashCam Viewer"software. Lets hope John has some good luck.
(Note that the alternative "Registrator Viewer v6.0" software does appear to correctly (?) display the GPS and moving-map information from the same .MOV files.)

The battery in my GT300W died recently and I replaced it with this one. This battery was referenced in another thread, and seems to work okay so far.

I'm wondering if I can use the same battery/setup for the GT680W in the future.

Whenever my SeeZeus GT680W powers up, a "boot-up" screen appears and also a pre-recorded voice says: "Welcome to SeeZeus Car DVR." It then says something (incomprehensible to me) which sounds something like "Please con sit you it". Does anyone know what the second sentence actually is? I'm simply curious.

Two-Dogs, I have just received the answer to your and my question. ;)

Nancylee from Shadow Tec said:
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 4:37 AM
To: Komenda, Slawomir
Subject: Re: RE: GT680W - Welcome Intro - simple question.

Hello
it is :" welcome to use seezeus car DVR, vehicle safety note!"
all the best
Nancylee

that's cheap, well below the cost price
Thank you, @Jokiin,you are always so fast to respond any things happen in the forum.
Yes,that is!It is VAT price 25Pounds (Exclude freight),we are now launching special offer for that model before 2015 Christmas Eve comes and attract more and more clicks for our website.

It is VAT price 25Pounds (Exclude freight),we are now launching special offer for that model before 2015 Christmas Eve comes and attract more and more clicks for our website.

New Year, New Challenge!

New Year, New Challenge!
Also, New Year,New Opportunity!
For the GT680W,If I can drive,I even also wanted to have them,too too low price for that branded products,video quality is clear,but I am in Shenzhen,and I have to leave the chance for more new customers and old customers of Joovuu,I can not be too greedy,hahaha,joke

Last edited:
Surprises for you: Shadow Seezus branded GT680W at only 25Pounds only:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/174-shadow-gt680w-car-camera.html

Ordered one ... ffs what's wrong with me? ... I don't need another DashCam but couldn't resist the price. I'll probably give it to a friend as a Christmas Pressie.

ps just noticed the voucher for free shipping only after I completed the order. Does this deal qualify? ... apologies for my cheek in asking when £27.60 inc shipping is a bargain.

Last edited:
Ordered one ... ffs what's wrong with me? ... I don't need another DashCam but couldn't resist the price. I'll probably give it to a friend as a Christmas Pressie.

Quality is the lifeline of Joovuu.com, you will be VERY VERY surprised at the quality when you get them!

Last edited:
any chance of a combined optional gps deal ?

Back