Shadow RX300

I like how people are taking problems into their own hands, and having some success making them work. I finally gave up trying to get my Lukas LK-7500 sent back for the very poor lens focus, so finally took it apart and focused it properly a few days ago. It has gone from being unuseably fuzzy to sharp as can be. Hope we can get these RX300 GPS modules working. I feel lucky that mine worked out of the box last week. Even the GPS screensaver with the compass and speed is working well. Good luck.

Firstly opened gps module. Cables looks like Minuel's. Also checked them with multimeter and correct. Then opened cam but no any short circuit or weird looking. Have any idea?

Could you post photos of your GPS module (both, top and bottom view) ?

Firstly opened gps module. Cables looks like Minuel's. Also checked them with multimeter and correct. Then opened cam but no any short circuit or weird looking. Have any idea?

What state LED after connection? Lights continuously only orange, nothing lights or both blink?

Just ordered the rx300 waiting to get hold off it. Any suggestion on the micro card class and size. Thank you

Just ordered the rx300 waiting to get hold off it. Any suggestion on the micro card class and size. Thank you

Go back to page #9 of this thread and read my post, 4th from the bottom. Picture of RX300 manual included in the posts. Also, you can read next couple of posts to understand better my next posts at the page #10, second post from the top. Even though others are saying lower class cards work well, trust me, it's HD materials, I work with video editing and compositing my whole life so I do understand how video recording works. While lower class cards might work, there will be some skipped frames. They are simply too slow. Besides, price difference in not even noticeable. In short, Class 10, 32Gb is what works the best. Do not risk having skipped frames in your video of possible accident. You need clean and not suspicious looking video as evidence. Skipped frames might look like intentionally edited video and purposely left out some frames. Not gonna look convincing at the court or simply in your insurance/appraiser's eyes.

Last edited:
Yes. It's exactly the same thing, except GPS Module for RX300 uses 2.5 mm phone jack, and GT680W uses 3.5 mm jack. Exactly the same thing, you just need an adapter. As far as I am aware, both GPS Modules are 5Hz, there should be no reason why they wouldn't work on both dash cams.

I confirmed this. The hardware is same, just different adapter, I have tested this some days ago.
Also for GT550WS GPS module.

Shadow just released new GT550WS, before the GT550WS are produced by DOD.
But now like GT300W, Shadow work with other manufacture, and firmware is different, the FW looks like the GT680W earlier FW version.

What is order the wires in your GPS module? In my is (left to right) yellow, red, empty, white

About the wires connection order problem, we just found less than 10 pcs got this problem, it is not difficult to fix this problem.
To avoid same problem in future, we now test every GPS module before shipping.

About the wires connection order problem, we just found less than 10 pcs got this problem, it is not difficult to fix this problem.
To avoid same problem in future, we now test every GPS module before shipping.
And what about the problem of short-circuit on the board RX-300, which was with my device from Foxoffer? Means the device has not been tested !!!
By the way, the support have not said me anything still :mad:

Go back to page #9 of this thread and read my post, 4th from the bottom. Even though others are saying lower class cards work well, trust me, it's HD materials, I work with video editing and compositing my whole life so I do understand how video recording works. While lower class cards might work, there will be some skipped frames. They are simply too slow. Besides, price difference in not even noticeable. In short, Class 10, 32Gb is what works the best.

Well I gather that the manual says class 6 and above, but do 64gb cards work with the RX300. From what I read Sandisk can have problems safer to get a transcend ?

And what about the problem of short-circuit on the board RX-300, which was with my device from Foxoffer? Means the device has not been tested !!!
By the way, the support have not said me anything still :mad:
I rechecked your previous posts, thanks you fixed it by yourself, even for us we can not solve the problem, because it is hard for us to find the circuit problem, also no other buyers reported same problem before.
We have sold hundreds GPS module, only less than 5 customers reported the GPS problem, so it is not necessary to check each GPS module, it take too much time for testing.
But now we test every piece to ensure it works.

Well I gather that the manual says class 6 and above, but do 64gb cards work with the RX300. From what I read Sandisk can have problems safer to get a transcend ?
There are cases when ScanDisk fail after a few months. Transcend safer, but more expensive price

I rechecked your previous posts, thanks you fixed it by yourself, even for us we can not solve the problem, because it is hard for us to find the circuit problem, also no other buyers reported same problem before.
We have sold hundreds GPS module, only less than 5 customers reported the GPS problem, so it is not necessary to check each GPS module, it take too much time for testing.
But now we test every piece to ensure it works.
My problem was not the GPS module, and in the car DVR ! See my post #255

Last edited by a moderator:
There are cases when ScanDisk fail after a few months. Transcend safer, but more expensive price
Yes, we recommend use Transcend card, now we sell transcend card with car camera, for Transcend 32GB class 10, the price is only $24.99, it is fair enough.
The version we sell is like below:

transcend.jpg

We put the card in the camera slot directly, sell it without package.

My problem was not the GPS module, and in the car DVR ! See my post #255
Yes, I read carefully about your previous posts, I will reported this problem to Shadow.
The best we can do is test carefully before shipping to avoid such problem.
For such problem, if many GPS modules can not work with this DVR, it will be the problem with DVR self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we recommend use Transcend card, now we sell transcend card with car camera, for Transcend 32GB class 10.

Do it support only upto 32 gb or is 64 gb also supported by the RX300.

Tried ordering from foxoffer but you refused to ship to India despite me opting for DHL shipping also. Finally ordered from Saddle on Ali express for a higher price. Please look into it.

I just tested RX300 with sandisk 64gb card, there is memory error. I'd appropriated some one can test it with other brand 64gb card.

You should also "gather" the part about skipping frames and the price point. Class 10 is not much more expensive than lower class cards, and in some cases it's even cheaper nowadays. Even FoxOffer sells Transcend cards with super low price tag, and here in Canada I found even better cards like Kingston and Lexar for under $25. That's what doing research is for, and I do believe with my extensive posting about it, I gave some insight in what's better, safer and even more profitable to use.

On another note... I do not have 64Gb card handy, so I can't test it for you, but I've heard it works just fine. Still, better to check with manufacturer prior spending money on 64Gb card.

@billknow - how does GT300W compares to RX300? Other than IR LEDs which don't even work as advertised, how does image quality, field of view (angle) and other factors compare?

@billknow - how does GT300W compares to RX300? Other than IR LEDs which don't even work as advertised, how does image quality, field of view (angle) and other factors compare?

I've not tried the IR function on my RX300 (taped over them for less noticeable look) but would like to know what doesn't work as advertised? I must have missed something on the forums… Thanks.

Can't answer about the GT300W, but the RX300 I just received (2.3G firmware) has slightly less crisp picture quality than the 680W I got a month or so ago. Probably just an acceptable unit to unit variation, still very very good, just not as spectacularly crisp than the 680W I got.

Back