Shadow RX300

From the picture I got, the correct order (depending on which way you look at the connector) is, from left to right in the picture: red, empty, white, green.

The INCORRECT order before the change was: white, empty, red, green.

I think my picture is from an opposite angle of yours, Minuel.

Also, before the fix, the blue LED on my GPS module never lit up. Only the orange light stayed lit (solid, no blinking).
Look at my connector
gm-100.jpg
But after replacing the white and red wire, LEDs (blue and orange) don't blinking and lights.
I returned everything in place as it was done and the LEDs blinks again.

Last edited:
I would recommend contacting your seller - isn't your GPS module for the GT680W?

Just got the instructions - swap the red and white wires inside the GPS module, at the connector. It worked! Hurray.

I used a box cutter blade to pry open the GPS module. Then I pulled the red and white wires from the connector by hand, and swapped them.

It's not as good as my phone for getting a GPS lock in enclosed spaces, but not an issue when on the dash I would think.

This fix is likely different than one of the posters above - I never got a blue light before. His issue is likely a loose connection.

That is great news! I am glad it worked for you. So, basically they screwed it by mixing up those two wires? One would think they know better than that, but hey... at least it works.

Did you do the same with other GPS module? If it's not a problem, could you post a photo of it, maybe even serial numbers? So we can compare and people with GPS problems in future, could easily find out if they received one from bad batch. I will post my serial (if there is one, I am not even sure if there are any numbers printed on the unit) as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers!

That is great news! I am glad it worked for you. So, basically they screwed it by mixing up those two wires? One would think they know better than that, but hey... at least it works.

Did you do the same with other GPS module? If it's not a problem, could you post a photo of it, maybe even serial numbers? So we can compare and people with GPS problems in future, could easily find out if they received one from bad batch. I will post my serial (if there is one, I am not even sure if there are any numbers printed on the unit) as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers!
I posted a picture of my GPS module. I would like to know which wires on the connector in the GPS module (small, white) correspond to the pins on the 2.5 jack gm100-wire-1.jpg
Unfortunately, tips from RPro not help me.

I posted a picture of my GPS module. I would like to know which wires on the connector in the GPS module (small, white) correspond to the pins on the 2.5 jack View attachment 4257
Unfortunately, tips from RPro not help me.

Have you tried to test with tester in order to find out corresponding connectors ?

Have you tried to test with tester in order to find out corresponding connectors ?
Yes, of course!
I checked with the tester. On the red wire +3.2V DC Unfortunately, I can't find the datasheet for GM-100 and i don't know where is DATA wire and where "ground" wire.

Yes, of course!
I checked with the tester. On the red wire +3.2V DC Unfortunately, I can't find the datasheet for GM-100 and i don't know where is DATA wire and where "ground" wire.

@ you tried continuity with tester ?

I don't understand you. All three wires I checked

I have made video for you:

Watch "continuity using multimeter" on YouTube
continuity using multimeter:

I have made video for you:

Watch "continuity using multimeter" on YouTube
continuity using multimeter:
Oh, thank you for the care but I am able to use a multimeter. ;) I tested continuity of the wires. They are ok.
2 LEds on GM-100 is blink, when connected GPS module (blue and orange). On the LCD the GPS icon blinks. Reception conditions are great.

Thanks to everyone. I repaired my GPS!
Support service is not responding, and I disassembled the device!
I was lucky. I found a short circuit between the "ground" and "data" (in red circle)
Sorry for quality of picture.
IMG_20140314.jpg
If anyone is interested:
The red wire +3.2V
the yellow wire: ground
The white wire: GPS data

Oh, thank you for the care but I am able to use a multimeter. ;) I tested continuity of the wires. They are ok.
2 LEds on GM-100 is blink, when connected GPS module (blue and orange). On the LCD the GPS icon blinks. Reception conditions are great.

EDIT: I just noticed your other post. It is really, really weird they use yellow wire for the ground. That is insane at the least.

Last edited:
@quorthonrhar
I think your friend lucky or i'm unlucky. I'm still trying to tell my problem to Foxoffer. Their response are very slow and i regret to bought it. I'm also using Mini0801 and it works flawlesly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@quorthonrhar
I think your friend lucky or i'm unlucky. I'm still trying to tell my problem to Foxoffer. Their response are very slow and i regret to bought it. I'm also using Mini0801 and it works flawlesly.

Why don't you try what other guys did in this thread? It's proven it works, and I bet you have same problem. Pry open your GPS module (be careful not to break anything). You do not need to hear from FoxOffer, they already answered to other guys, and guys even posted some photos. You should see how wires should be organized and connected. In your case, it's obvious you got GPS module from bad batch. You're regreting buying RX300, a beautiful and super functional dash cam, just because you were unlucky to receive bad batch GPS Module? I wouldn't feel that way.

Anyway, it's up to you. If you can't fix it like other guys did, FoxOffer is very good with returns. They will. offer you full refund if you are not happy with the product.

EDIT: I just noticed your other post. It is really, really weird they use yellow wire for the ground. That is insane at the least.
About your before editing message: I wrote above that swap wires did not help. Wires are installed correctly!!!
Helped soldering-iron ...has cured Chinese snot :D

@quorthonrhar
I saw other guys posts just now. And i can try it ofcourse and i will. But Minuel's problem was about short circuit in the cam and RPro's was about gps module. So i will check both. See you soon and wish me luck :)

Firstly opened gps module. Cables looks like Minuel's. Also checked them with multimeter and correct. Then opened cam but no any short circuit or weird looking. Have any idea?

Wow, great news Minuel! You are lucky that yours is a "simple" fix. :)

cem_ari: Damn, that sucks. Do you get any blue and red lights on your GPS module? Do any of them blink when plugged in?

Back