Site Not Available

Here's what I get when trying to connect to DCT

dct_cert.jpg

This is what the site in the cerfificate looks like

dct_cert1.jpg

IMHO dashcamtalk's owner needs to get him/herself a proper certificate, or disable forced https redirect.

The IP address looks like the actual DCT's

Code:
root@SKOT:/ # nslookup dashcamtalk.com 8.8.4.4
Server:         8.8.4.4
Address:        8.8.4.4#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   dashcamtalk.com
Address: 173.249.158.188

It's definitely on the SSL somewhere as the error is always about secure connection.

It does look like the cert chains changed recently from 4 down to 3?

From a couple of weeks ago:
View attachment 17410

And then now (it's missing the AddTrust External CA Root from the end now)

View attachment 17411

I'm not sure if the missing AddTrust External CA Root is causing problems for some Android apps?

From what I've read Android does sound like it can be a pain in the arse with certain root certs.

I suspect this might have caused the problem. The cert chain should be 3 not 4. (dashcamtalk, comodo, root). I have corrected it yesterday with 3.

Every SSL test that I run on the site indicates that SSL certs are correct though and it works on every device except some Android ones. I will continue to investigate this though.

just cleared cache, files, deleted Tapatalk rebooted and reinstalled and it's still not working unfortunately, is it possible there's something in the Tapatalk config on the server that's messed up, wrong detail etc?

just cleared cache, files, deleted Tapatalk rebooted and reinstalled and it's still not working unfortunately, is it possible there's something in the Tapatalk config on the server that's messed up, wrong detail etc?
Can you try Dolphin or Opera and see if it can connect?

Can you try Dolphin or Opera and see if it can connect?

I can access it fine via Chrome just not Tapatalk (Android 4.4), my Motorola is on Android 5.1 and Tapatalk works fine, Tapatalk on iPhone5 works fine also, very frustrating as I normally use Tapatalk a lot and my main handset is the one with the issue

I can access it fine via Chrome just not Tapatalk (Android 4.4), my Motorola is on Android 5.1 and Tapatalk works fine, Tapatalk on iPhone5 works fine also, very frustrating as I normally use Tapatalk a lot and my main handset is the one with the issue
I can access from Chrome too so try on Opera or dolphin.
I can't get them to work.

Then it's not consistent.
That's not easy to fix. :s

yeah it's not straightforward, have only had this issue since the recent site changes, before that it was all good

in the last couple of hours, i've suddenly started getting email notifications for conversations... for conversations from last week. which i've long since read and replied to. also getting a few thread post notifications, which i thought i'd turned off - no need for email notifications (for normal forum posts anyway) since i'm here so often already... :)

in the last couple of hours, i've suddenly started getting email notifications for conversations... for conversations from last week. which i've long since read and replied to. also getting a few thread post notifications, which i thought i'd turned off - no need for email notifications (for normal forum posts anyway) since i'm here so often already... :)

they've been coming about 4 hours late for a few days now

The email problem is a different issue. The reverse PTR record was not set and that just got resolved today. Some email accounts will bounce back emails if this is missing. Emails should be back to normal soon.

have been getting the notification emails, just hours later than normal
this wasn't just hours - i'm talking about getting an email on tuesday night for an IM/conversation that was actually posted 6 days prior - which i got an email for at that time (6 days ago). not concerned - everything else seems to be working normally right now for me (but then i don't use tapatalk ;)).

I've had a couple that came next day but nothing that late

I tried Tapatalk on another handset (another Motorola on Android 4.4) and it also doesn't work, the only handsets it works on are iPhone iOS9 and Android 5.1

Looks like the SSL problem has been solved. Thanks DashCamMan!

Back