Site Not Available

Just to provide an update, the website was transferred to a new server on Monday night. Had some issues on Tuesday with SSL certificates which caused mobile browsers to not connect. Also Tapatalk was not configured properly on the new server. However, both these issues should be resolved now.

As mentioned, need to access the forum from the following address if using mobile / PC: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/

This was changed in Tapatalk configuration also so that should be working as well.

But overall, everything should be back to normal now. If you are still having problems, clear your browser cache. Otherwise, post here to see if it is more widespread.

Interesting. Not seeing any configuration problems and my Tapatalk is working. I will investigate.

Not sure if it's just me but the little flags in the user CP to the left of each post aren't working since the move on PC browsers?

Not sure if it's just me but the little flags in the user CP to the left of each post aren't working since the move on PC browsers?

they very quickly display when the page loads then they all look the same

still having Tapatalk issues on one phone, all other forums load, just this one throws a network error (get_config), have deleted the cache, app, reloaded and reset everything and still not working, stuffed if I can work out what's going on

My Tapa works fine at the moment. Just on PC or mobile browser have same "flags-thing" issue as @reverend mentioned.

having a read up on this error it seems like it's server side so reinstalling is getting me nowhere, every post I read on the same error points to a config problem on the host so not sure when @DashCamMan might get a chance to look at it, Android 5.1 has no issue, my older phone does, that's the only thing I can say is different between them on my end, even the one that does work took a while before it came good, no luck on the other handset though unfortunately

What is the URL in your phone? DCT recently changed to 'www.dashcamtalk.com/forum' from 'forum.dashcamtalk.com'
It's the new one.
I even tried this.
Searched dashcamtalk in google. Brings results fine.
Screenshot_2015-09-25-07-40-47.png

Different browser:
Screenshot_2015-09-25-07-41-45.png

When I click on any link, even the main dashcamtalk page, it throws error:
Screenshot_2015-09-25-07-40-55.png
Screenshot_2015-09-25-07-42-06.png

Just tried Samsung's built in browser and this error after clicking on the Google result:
Screenshot_2015-09-25-09-16-34[1].png

I tried Wi-Fi and mobile data both but same error.
Not sure what's going on.
Opera complains about fatal error (40) on server and Dolphin just says page not available.

are you using anything that modifies your hosts file, such as AdAway (requires root) or similar? i use it but have no trouble connecting on my phone. perhaps you can try to find a way to flush your phone's DNS cache?

i'm on tmobile in houston and it's working fine both wifi and mobile data.

No root, no modification.
Was working fine. It could be my phone but the timing made it suspicious.

I just did a factory reset on my phone and still the same issue with browsers.

Tapatalk also is not working.
It adds the site but can't open dashcamtalk with this error:
Network error, please try again later.
(get_config)

I just did a factory reset on my phone and still the same issue with browsers.

Tapatalk also is not working.
It adds the site but can't open dashcamtalk with this error:
Network error, please try again later.
(get_config)

I'm still getting that also, reading up on Tapatalk forums it suggests there's a config file on the server that is 0kb or broken, one phone I get this error, the other phone I have to keep logging back in all the time, not sure if @DashCamMan has had a chance to look at it yet

jokiin, where are you seeing the post regarding the config file? I have installed the latest version of Tapatalk and configured it with the correct address. Strange that it works on some devices but not others.

I googled the error, quite a lot of hits say something about the Tapatalk config files on the server being the problem, seems to be a common issue for forums

jokiin, where are you seeing the post regarding the config file? I have installed the latest version of Tapatalk and configured it with the correct address. Strange that it works on some devices but not others.
Here you go.
I also searched and it mentions the plugin maybe old.

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/get_config-network-error-please-try-again-later.30903/

Tapatalk support says this:
The plugin for this forum is old and may not communicate reliably with the latest versions of app.

Please notify the forum owner to update the plugin?
There are other posts to go through.

I tested another site 'Audiokarma' and it immediately connects without any issue so it's something with this forum.

Just checked that thread and it indicates on old plugin is installed. This site has the latest plugin installed (2.4.7)...can see it here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/mobiquo/mobiquo.php

So that is not causing the problem.

Unfortunately Tapatalk appears to be one of the worst coded plugins that exists. I would estimate 90% of the server errors on this site have been generated due to Tapatalk.

Back