SJCAM M10+ Plus Prototype Arrives, 1st Look Pictures, Reviews

SJCAM Accessories Clip with Bases for M10 Series Action Camera hello just gives me DHL shipping option, which here in Spain then you charge fees and others, there is no shipping occion?

SJCAM Accessories Clip with Bases for M10 Series Action Camera hello just gives me DHL shipping option, which here in Spain then you charge fees and others, there is no shipping occion?

Orders over 50usd get free shipping. If you are in Spain, you can order it from one of our resellers: sjcamhd.com.es

Hope this helps :)

@sjcam_official
I think I found a weird issue. I am not an engineer, so I can not tell you why it happens, but sometimes my SJ4000+ and SJCAM M10+ (I had two, so happens on both) blackout when camera tries to change the exposure.
So basically, a weird black background appears in 1 frame (fraction of a second).
It is hard to explain, but here is a frame exported.
It would be good if engineers could look into it. Its 1 frame only, but its visible during video.

Can it be fixed in software? Obviously issue appears on multiple cameras not only on 1.
m10+ black 3.jpg

m10+ black 2.jpg

Posted more photos on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/actioncamerafans/posts/1696107380603878

Using latest 1.6 FW.
If you are interested in taking a look at it I can send you video sample.

Last edited:
For I have received new housing m10, which digeron would change, being failure, and what is my surprise, after more than a month of waiting, who send me came from the same series, that is, the the buttons are charging and not allowing full use, as it only brings a side button ..... wE !!!!!!

@sjcam_official
I think I found a weird issue. I am not an engineer, so I can not tell you why it happens, but sometimes my SJ4000+ and SJCAM M10+ (I had two, so happens on both) blackout when camera tries to change the exposure.
So basically, a weird black background appears in 1 frame (fraction of a second).
It is hard to explain, but here is a frame exported.
It would be good if engineers could look into it. Its 1 frame only, but its visible during video.

Can it be fixed in software? Obviously issue appears on multiple cameras not only on 1.
View attachment 19560

View attachment 19559

Posted more photos on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/actioncamerafans/posts/1696107380603878

Using latest 1.6 FW.
If you are interested in taking a look at it I can send you video sample.

Just to troubleshoot, do you think it is an issue with the Memory card? Is card formatted in Fat32? We have not seen this issue before.

What are the exact camera settings you are using?

Okay, so I also thought it might be a memory card. But from what I remember (not 100% sure) I used few different cards while testing it.
Here is a RAW video (black frame appears at 0:15) - download it do not view it on DropBox player.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gat5r1zjn8f32hr/2015_0213_044441_015 1080p 60 fps blackout at 0 15.MP4?dl=0
(I have several on which issue appears basically 70% of videos).

As for settings, nothing special, WB Auto, Exposure Auto, HDR Off, Gyro ON.

It would be good if engineers can take a look at it, and also confirm if the focus of the camera is normal, like on other M10+ you have. In my opinion its quite soft, maybe because of Gyro?

Okay, so I also thought it might be a memory card. But from what I remember (not 100% sure) I used few different cards while testing it.
Here is a RAW video (black frame appears at 0:15) - download it do not view it on DropBox player.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gat5r1zjn8f32hr/2015_0213_044441_015 1080p 60 fps blackout at 0 15.MP4?dl=0
(I have several on which issue appears basically 70% of videos).

As for settings, nothing special, WB Auto, Exposure Auto, HDR Off, Gyro ON.

It would be good if engineers can take a look at it, and also confirm if the focus of the camera is normal, like on other M10+ you have. In my opinion its quite soft, maybe because of Gyro?

Okay, we are checking this issue out. Thanks for the video.

@Pavle, this is only happening of M10+? Not on SJ4000+, correct?
Can you guys list out the current known issues and we will try to send them to our engineers in the morning?

List format and concise is best.

Thanks!

@Pavle, this is only happening of M10+? Not on SJ4000+, correct?
Don't have SJ4000 Gyro as I gave it away on a competition, it is the best for engineers to put cameras side by side and see if that appears on other models. I will try to see if it happens on some samples that I have left in my PC.

Does this only happen outside? Or in all settings?

When facing a bright sky mostly. I do not test cameras indoors to be honest, as they are action cameras. You can see more examples here (frames exported to photos)
https://www.facebook.com/actioncamerafans/posts/1696107380603878
Overall, I told you everything I know, you need to analyze it with engineers and see when if and why it happens, that's why you are paying them for after all.

Okay, we will check tomorrow when there is daylight.

Cheers!

So I just re-watched some of the videos taken in initial firmware on the first M10+ that I had (broke it apart) and same thing happens.
This confirms that this is not a firmware or memory card issue and that it happens on more cameras.
I recorded in 1080p 60 fps, as that's the resolution I like the most.

How come nobody noticed this before? Not even I did :O

Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP, as it really kills overall video impression.
m10+ first one.jpg

I made this video to 2k, and I think it looks pretty good.
it has all the earmarks of being sensor problem ....

Hello again
just wanted to know, what will happen with my waterproof housing?
because you have not answered me.
I will send the right?
since sent is the same that came as standard and not the right to prevent breakage of buttons
You promised to change it and sent me the same, please, fix and I need housing for the camera to use 100% ,I'm wing expected to record in the bike and work up the results

Last edited:
I just shot a bunch of M10+ footage. Should i upload it for scrutiny?

So I just re-watched some of the videos taken in initial firmware on the first M10+ that I had (broke it apart) and same thing happens.
This confirms that this is not a firmware or memory card issue and that it happens on more cameras.
I recorded in 1080p 60 fps, as that's the resolution I like the most.

How come nobody noticed this before? Not even I did :O

Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP, as it really kills overall video impression.
View attachment 19574

I took a bunch of footage today and other days. Techmoan's footage and many other reviewers did not complain about this issue. I really think it is a card issue. Again, we can upload many raw video files of v1.5 (shot using a Toshiba Exceria 16gb Card). Maybe we are missing something in the frames as whatever issue you are experiencing happens very fast.

These are the cards we generally test with.

Attachments

• toshiba-card-test.jpg
    toshiba-card-test.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 8
and made to order, and considering that the m10 + and 5000x, lead almost the same internal (removing sensor), because they do not pull out a firware for M10 + with the goodies of 5000x, as raw, as of fow etc. etc.???

The problem that Pavle has was also reported on another forum by someone else, it's very interesting as my M10+ does not have this issue. I was also thinking that maybe the SD card is the culprit. I'm using normal "cheap" class 10 cards from Kingston and some EVO cards from Samsung.

Back